• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

11.20 from Edinburgh to London Kings Cross on 2 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class800

Established Member
Good afternoon,

This is really a fares data query - but hopefully it's the best section for it.

My parents have bought Advance tickets for the 11.20 Edinburgh to London Kings Cross on Sunday 2 July, via the LNER website.

It is an LNER only advance and says on the ticket (e-ticket) - operated by London North Eastern Railway.

They only showed me the ticket after it was bought, so this is just trying to understand the situation.

The reason they chose this train was it was a bit cheaper and a bit faster than the 11.00.

Now I am aware there is some (minor) engineering work early in the day on the 2nd July - Hertford Loop being used.

Nonetheless, two things raised my suspicions.

First, it's seems to be running in the path of a Lumo service according to real time trains

Second, it doesn't call at York - this is a Lumo calling pattern

So, is there a possibility there was a fares data error and they have an LNER only advance advance for a Lumo service?

They are not fares experts and want an easy journey. Lumo has its challenges with reliability as we know and also luggage.

Could anyone check this for me and let us know - would be much appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

leyscjd

Good afternoon,

This is really a fares data query - but hopefully it's the best section for it.

My parents have bought Advance tickets for the 11.20 Edinburgh to London Kings Cross on Sunday 2 July, via the LNER website.

It is an LNER only advance and says on the ticket (e-ticket) - operated by London North Eastern Railway.

They only showed me the ticket after it was bought, so this is just trying to understand the situation.

The reason they chose this train was it was a bit cheaper and a bit faster than the 11.00.

Now I am aware there is some (minor) engineering work early in the day on the 2nd July - Hertford Loop being used.

Nonetheless, two things raised my suspicions.

First, it's seems to be running in the path of a Lumo service according to real time trains

Second, it doesn't call at York - this is a Lumo calling pattern

So, is there a possibility there was a fares data error and they have an LNER only advance advance for a Lumo service?

They are not fares experts and want an easy journey. Lumo has its challenges with reliability as we know and also luggage.

Could anyone check this for me and let us know - would be much appreciated.
Realtime trains shows this as LNER's 1E95 with no diversion via the Hertford loop - www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:G23227/2023-07-02/detailed

Class800

Established Member
Thank you - this is a much more positive source to see! Hopefully everything is OK. Usually 00 is LNER, 19 or 20 is Lumo and 30 is LNER. But could be due to engineering works.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
On Sundays LNER run 3 trains per hour Edinburgh to London much of the day, the third service is usually XX:20 off Edinburgh.

mangyiscute

Established Member
Yeah, on sundays the lumo service around that time is at 10:53, which interestingly takes just 4h3 to london so is a very fast service, since presumably there are less pathing issues on a sunday

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Yeah, on sundays the lumo service around that time is at 10:53, which interestingly takes just 4h3 to london so is a very fast service, since presumably there are less pathing issues on a sunday
Ironically, it still has a total of 15.5 mins allowances, about the same as the standard LNER Edinburgh fasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.