• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

1Z88 Gloucester to Canterbury West today

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
A Saphos railtour. 40013 from Gloucester and steam in the London area

Neil Polo

Here she is.

Ok that’s a dreadful pic but I had to snap snappily.

Attachments

• IMG_7325.jpeg
    IMG_7325.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 174
Last edited:

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
Ah, saw it many times so glad I didn't venture out to see it. Would've preferred to see the Class 40...
Seen it many times too but was visiting relatives so just happened to be there right time

Yes the Cl.40 would have been nice

I don't really do video but the ones I took are too large for the forum server to cope with. Am I able to reduce the file size without too much loss of quality? It's only from a phone

Last edited:

Deepgreen

Established Member
An unusual sight at Streatham Hill - one of the less-frequent steam routes.

Seen it many times too but was visiting relatives so just happened to be there right time

Yes the Cl.40 would have been nice

I don't really do video but the ones I took are too large for the forum server to cope with. Am I able to reduce the file size without too much loss of quality? It's only from a phone
I think you would have to make the video about 5s long even to have a chance! Photo size allowed here is pretty small so videos are virtually impossible.115A7805 (1).jpeg

Islineclear3_1

Established Member
PTSO or platform depending on the weather
An unusual sight at Streatham Hill - one of the less-frequent steam routes.

I think you would have to make the video about 5s long even to have a chance! Photo size allowed here is pretty small so videos are virtually impossible.View attachment 148753
Very nice pic @Deepgreen

Mine was from a phone and during the video, the engine literally stopped steaming as it coasted through the platform to stop. Wasn't expecting to see it - otherwise, would have brought the big beastie camera