• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2002 Volvo B7TL Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
I'm just back from London where I saw a Volvo B7TL (London General WVL95) that has been retrofitted to hybrid by a company called Vantage Power. Apparently TFL and the bus companies are looking into converting more of the older fleets to hybrid.

Is converting to hybrid the way forward rather than offloading them elsewhere?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Antman

Established Member
I'm just back from London where I saw a Volvo B7TL (London General WVL95) that has been retrofitted to hybrid by a company called Vantage Power. Apparently TFL and the bus companies are looking into converting more of the older fleets to hybrid.

Is converting to hybrid the way forward rather than offloading them elsewhere?

Interesting idea, apparently two have been converted on a trial basis.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Interesting idea, apparently two have been converted on a trial basis.

From what I saw, London General WVL94 and 95 have been converted along with PVL73 which is working outside of the capital.

Arriva plan on getting VLA99 and VLA100 converted and RATP VLP23 and 24.

MotCO

Established Member
There is also a former Metrobus East Lancs Trident running on Vantage Power in York as a tourist bus. I think that this was the first conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.