• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2021 Exeter to Birmingham XC service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin_1981

I notice this evening that there is a 20:21 XC service from Exeter St Davids to Birmingham New Street which takes 3 hours 40 mins and goes via Westbury, Bath, Worcester and Kidderminster. I believe this train used to start at Paignton around 20:20 before the December timetable change which didn't go via Westbury but did go via Worcester and Kidderminster.

I presume this new service goes via Westbury for route learning purposes?

Also, did I read on another thread that XC are pulling out of Paignton later this year?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

louis97

Established Member
It still is booked to start from Paignton, normally 2019 departure, its amended tonight because of engineering works between Taunton and Bristol. It doesn't normally go via Westbury.

lammergeier

Not seen/heard any concrete plans for ending services to Paignton, although it's certainly possible in this current climate.

dk1

Veteran Member
Not seen/heard any concrete plans for ending services to Paignton, although it's certainly possible in this current climate.

Seems very odd as most of this Torbay traffic is leisure. The very thing railways are thriving at now.

Status
Not open for further replies.