• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2023 Diesel Galas

Status
Not open for further replies.

50002Superb

Hi everyone,

I’m just wondering if there is a decent source listing which diesel galas are being held and when please? Plus any visiting locos?

I know each Heritage Railway website will have them listed but it’s a pain to trawl each individual website on a weekly basis and I often forget some of the more obscure / smaller sites.

Many thanks

50002Superb

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Well, the Swanage Railway has just confirmed it's usual weekend - Friday 12th to Sunday 14th May 2023. Nothing from the Mid Hants yet, though they tend to announce theirs a little later on in the year and is usually around July. I wonder if the Bluebell has anything planned yet?

50002Superb

WNXX forum has a date listing in the galas/events section
I assume you have to be a member?

Couldn’t see anything on there myself

The Branch Line Society have a listing https://www.branchline.uk/gen.php
This is brilliant, the best resource I’ve seen yet, thank you

Well, the Swanage Railway has just confirmed it's usual weekend - Friday 12th to Sunday 14th May 2023. Nothing from the Mid Hants yet, though they tend to announce theirs a little later on in the year and is usually around July. I wonder if the Bluebell has anything planned yet?
Mid Hants appears to be

Friday 14th, Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th July 2023​

Status
Not open for further replies.