• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

2023 New Track Coverage

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Well, here we go again, another year... let's get out there and get any unbashed track marked off in our atlases!

This thread is laid and fettled ready to be used at linespeed from tomorrow.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Turbo004

2023-08-01
Masborough Junction - Beighton Junction
Toton Centre - Toton South Junction
South Hampstead DC Tunnel - Camden Road
Camden Road - South Hampstead DC Tunnel

Thanks to the punctuality of Transport for Wales(twice) Northern (twice), East Midlands Trains, Hull Trains, London Overground (four times) and even Avanti Trains the trip went very well. Only the last train 22.03 Crewe - Chester was significantly late - 13 mins.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
09/01/2023

Scharbeek-Schipol Airport
Somewhere a little west of Amsterdam Zuid-Lelyaan

That now means I have covered all of the route from London to Amsterdam Centraal. Not one I'm in a rush to do again, I must say, the trip report will go into more details.

1971martin

Tuesday 24th January 2023

Busby Jn - East Kilbride
Barassie Jn - Kilmarnock

Wednesday 25th January 2023

Rutherglen East Jn - Whifflet

SuperLuke2334

Established Member
4/2/23

Chester - Crewe direct
Liverpool Lime St - Chester via Runcorn
Liverpool Central - Hunts Cross
Chester - Liverpool Stations via Merseyrail
Merseyrail Liverpool loop
Liverpool Central - Kirkby

route101

Established Member
Last Saturday I unexpectably ticked off the line from Wakefield Kirkgate to Huddersfield on a diverted TPE.

xotGD

Established Member
21/2/23

My first taste of Crossrail:

Portobello Jn (London) - Farringdon (in both directions, for the purists)

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
Just noticed this thread.

Last summer, I <thought> I'd cleared all the NR passenger track in England by visiting Kings Lynn.

Since then, new track has opened:
Barking to Barking Riverside - done 20/01/2023.
The Crossrail connections from Stratford to Liverpool St and Paddington to Westbourne Park - both done 21/01/2023.

I was back in London at the end of last week, and realised that I'd not done Heathrow T1/2/3 to Heathrow T5! This was corrected last Sunday (19/02/2023).

Still not visited either Tweedbank or Aberystwyth, though!

Turbo004

26TH Feb

Coatbridge Junction - Langloan Junction on I believe the first scheduled passenger service for some years which had no fewer than 3 different 92's hauling the train from London to Glasow

Mossend North Junction - Mossend East Junction
My second attempt at this and this time with miracle of miracles a punctual Transpennine Express Train.

Turbo004

Did that myself last Saturday, couldn't quite work out why they weren't stopping everything at the station on the way up to Mountsorrel (the name escapes me now...)
I read on the Great Central Railway website a couple of days beforehand that due to overcrowding not all trains would be stopping at Nunckley Hill. It seems a bit of an odd reason but that's what the website said.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
I read on the Great Central Railway website a couple of days beforehand that due to overcrowding not all trains would be stopping at Nunckley Hill. It seems a bit of an odd reason but that's what the website said.
Thanks, it was very busy and slow boarding and alighting but I would'be thought doubling the number of calls would alleviate that!

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
11/04/2023
Finally did the Tweedbank branch, which completes non-PSUL track for Scotland (until they reopen another bit).

Just Dovey Jc to Aberystwyth to go for Britain...o_O

Techniquest

Veteran Member
11/04/2023
Finally did the Tweedbank branch, which completes non-PSUL track for Scotland (until they reopen another bit).

Just Dovey Jc to Aberystwyth to go for Britain...o_O

You'll have to go back for that new track to Leven in due course too, but I think that's still 2 years away yet so plenty of time yet.

At least your last bit of mainline track is on a scenic line, mine was somewhere in the maze of lines in the South Yorkshire area I seem to recall. Plenty of PSUL bits to do and all that of course.