• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

henrybear

i applied months ago for the role, passed the online tests and have an assessment day booked next week...i was surprised to see it advertised again when they already have assessments booked from months ago...unless they now need many more? lets hope.

T-Karmel

i applied months ago for the role, passed the online tests and have an assessment day booked next week...i was surprised to see it advertised again when they already have assessments booked from months ago...unless they now need many more? lets hope.

They might want to get more entries since many of those who applied long ago may be not interested anymore. Luckily you are ;) Good luck to you all!

Emmsie

GWR seem to do this quite often, twice I've seen a position advertised at Redhill that is pulled that day and then 6-8 weeks later will be readvertised. I'm guessing they assess a load of people, see what they are left with for the group bit and then readvertise if they don't think they have enough.

henrybear

out of interest...the assessment day is normally (from what i hear, albeit previous to COVID) just the tests, then if successful invited back another day of group then interview.....has this process changed due to COVID? could it all be held on the same day?

OxyBoxy

Odd I'm sure the Redhill ones are on 42K they got a raise to match Train Managers
Not yet. A restructuring was on the cards last year, but faced heavy opposition. Hopefully it'll be raised to match, but it'd be a fairly slow process, after approval would take 3 years for parity

DorkingMain

A shame. £42k might have tempted me to get out of the office and back on the trains but I don't think £32k would.

henrybear

I attended the assessment day at swindon a couple of weeks ago. i had confirmation that i had passed the OPC tests and am waiting to see if i make it to 'Teams' interview as the group exercise has been omitted due to covid...has anyone else been invited to the 'Teams' interview yet?

Olizuri1

I also attended the assessment day at Swindon a few weeks ago. I was in the first assessment group back for this role. The assessor told us the group exercise was cancelled so it would be straight to interview if we pass. I was emailed to say that I had successfully passed the assessments. I was then emailed a few weeks later to say that the vacancy has now either been closed or filled. I was very taken aback by that.
Congratulation for successful assessment.
Please, i have mine coming up but am a bit worried. Please, what is the assessment like. Can you remember the questions on scaat and how much time were you given.
Thank you for your time

I attended the assessment day at swindon a couple of weeks ago. i had confirmation that i had passed the OPC tests and am waiting to see if i make it to 'Teams' interview as the group exercise has been omitted due to covid...has anyone else been invited to the 'Teams' interview yet?
Congratulation for successful assessment.
Please, i have mine coming up but am a bit worried. Please, what is the assessment like. Can you remember the questions on scaat and how much time were you given.
Thank you for your time

MDCW

I was also told the job has been cancelled. When did you apply? Was it mid September?

Olizuri1

I applied in July this year. It was just before they re-advertised it again in September. I don’t understand the methods behind it all. I was waiting for the interview and then randomly got that email saying it’s been cancelled or filled.

The assessments are fine. Nothing too stressful. They send you practice material and go through everything with you on the day very clearly. Which station are you applying for?
Bristol Parkway.
Thank you very much

Emmsie

I applied in July this year. It was just before they re-advertised it again in September. I don’t understand the methods behind it all. I was waiting for the interview and then randomly got that email saying it’s been cancelled or filled.

The assessments are fine. Nothing too stressful. They send you practice material and go through everything with you on the day very clearly. Which station are you applying for?
I think a lot of recruitment has been cancelled since the government voided the franchises, I'm guessing your email was somewhere around the 21st September

MDCW

I think a lot of recruitment has been cancelled since the government voided the franchises, I'm guessing your email was somewhere around the 21st September

Same as me, September 14th. I also applied last year. Passed the assessment in Swindon and never heard a thing back, intact my application is still live. I have the "withdraw application" button still there.

Emmsie

All frontline hiring at Southern has been halted due to the situation with Covid, can't imagine it will be any different for the other TOCs.

Emmsie

The difference with this position is the fact it was only advertised in July this year and then cancelled towards the end of the recruitment stages. I understand recruitment being frozen etc that started prior to COVID but this situation is a bit strange.
It might be strange in other industries but it's pretty much par for the course on the railway even during normal times.

AlanUK78

Hi all,

I have my assessment day for conductor (Reading) in Swindon coming up on Monday. I've done the practice tests a few times, any last words or advice? Thank you :)

AlanUK78

Oh! Thanks Railroader22. Ok, that's a worry... Ok, well I can only do my best. I passed the assessment day for trainee train driver 3 years ago, so I'm hoping this will be similar!

Status
Not open for further replies.