• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

26-30 Railcard issue

Aaron1

Hi,
I have this morning renewed my railcard in time for travel tomorrow where I hold tickets with railcard discount applied.

When ordering my railcard I opted to submit another photo, so I took a selfie and uploaded it, making sure I followed the rules surrounding the photo. However now I have downloaded my railcard the photo is totally blank, almost as so a photo of a black wall was taken and uploaded and there is no clear evidence of my face at all, I am unsure how that happened when I clearly submitted a proper photo and I double-checked it before confirming it.

I have emailed them for advice, but does anybody envisage any issues tomorrow when I attempt to travel? I suppose the conductor can still scan the barcode on my railcard which will confirm it is valid, I will be able to show the conductor the email I sent them if needed, and I will also carry photographic ID to try and mitigate any issues.

Any further advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

This is something we experience a lot when checking tickets on trains, we also get a lot of totally unsuitable pictures (most recent one I remember is young lad and his girlfriend having a cuddle in bed and took a selfie, he used that photo and there it is on his railcard each time I check it)

I wouldn’t worry to much as your hologram will be moving and show it’s valid, you have the email proof and ID to back it up and it’s a well known issue that I know my TOC are challenging regularly with the retailers so, I think it’s a safe assumption others will be too

Do chase up getting it fixed though for your own peace of mind

Aaron1

This is something we experience a lot when checking tickets on trains, we also get a lot of totally unsuitable pictures (most recent one I remember is young lad and his girlfriend having a cuddle in bed and took a selfie, he used that photo and there it is on his railcard each time I check it)

I wouldn’t worry to much as your hologram will be moving and show it’s valid, you have the email proof and ID to back it up and it’s a well known issue that I know my TOC are challenging regularly with the retailers so, I think it’s a safe assumption others will be too

Do chase up getting it fixed though for your own peace of mind
Thanks I know what you mean by inappropriate pictures! My best mates railcard has picture of him standing outside Eiffel tower with his middle finger stuck up on it! Maybe they should authorise these pictures before using them similar to how the DVLA and passport office do.

In fairness they replied quickly to my email and gave me a new download code and once I downloaded it again the photo was there again! No issues at all whilst travelling.