• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

313121 now in Network Rail yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lrd

Established Member
That "Do not remove from cab" green paper tag... is it on the power handle? I hadn't realised they had a habit of going walkies!
Looks like it's on the drivers key.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Electrostar

Why do the 313s' centre cab door and windows have to be coloured? They've been black, Silverlink purple and Southern green. Why can't they be yellow for a change?

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Why do the 313s' centre cab door and windows have to be coloured? They've been black, Silverlink purple and Southern green. Why can't they be yellow for a change?

More to the point, how come the side-doors are also yellow? I know it's not a passenger-carrying vehicle so the disability legislation doesn't apply, but I was under the impression that one of the reasons for doors needing to be easily identified was so they can be quickly located by rescuers in the event of a crash. Though it'd look silly with the doors in a different colour of course!

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Seems the 313s suit yellow, it looks remarkably good. Is there any reason why it still has a destination blind? I'm not complaining, it just seems a tad odd to me.

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Seems the 313s suit yellow, it looks remarkably good. Is there any reason why it still has a destination blind? I'm not complaining, it just seems a tad odd to me.

I imagine there was simply no need to remove it. It probably still has places like Richmond/Stratford/North Woolwich on there...

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
More to the point, how come the side-doors are also yellow? I know it's not a passenger-carrying vehicle so the disability legislation doesn't apply, but I was under the impression that one of the reasons for doors needing to be easily identified was so they can be quickly located by rescuers in the event of a crash. Though it'd look silly with the doors in a different colour of course!

The doors have to be a contrasting colour to the rest of the unit to aid the visually impaired - so having the doors the same colour as the rest of the car actually makes sense given what you have said! As it is not a unit for customers there is no need to have contrasting doors.

Nym

Established Member
The doors have to be a contrasting colour to the rest of the unit to aid the visually impaired - so having the doors the same colour as the rest of the car actually makes sense given what you have said! As it is not a unit for customers there is no need to have contrasting doors.

Indeed, the same is the case on LUL departmental units like the TRT, 1962 Sandite Unit and the yet to be completed MPUs.

Although the A60/62 units for the RATs are still in 'passenger condition'...

jopsuk

Veteran Member

Further, due to the type of work carried out on board a good level of eyesight will be a requirement for the job, so there's no requirement to make modifications for visually impaired staff- the law allows discrimination like this where a disability fundamentally cannot be accommodated.

Status
Not open for further replies.