• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

323240 redecorated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ushawk

Established Member
Amazing how that was let out in service !! Almost reminiscent of some FCC trains.

Id assume there wasnt anything to cover the workings, so thats why it ran in service.

Established Member
Disgraceful. There's not a single apostrophe, capital letter or full stop on there.

ryan125hst

Established Member
Terrible. I didn't think TOC'S put trains into service with graffiti, especially as bad as that.

Can you see out of the windows when you are inside it?

455driver

Veteran Member
if its a choice of use the vandalised one or cancel the services what would you prefer.

It would have been taken off diagram as quickly as possible for a very expensive clean up.

Temple Meads

Established Member
Disgraceful. There's not a single apostrophe, capital letter or full stop on there.
:lol:

Would've liked to have seen it in a strange sort of way - this is the closest I've got to photting something similar:
7721400930_45f79b03fb_c.jpg
[/url] 150921 (Graffitibug) at Bridgwater by Transport Tim, on Flickr[/IMG]

westcoaster

Established Member
The only real problem is if it is offensive or inhibits safe working, I.e on drivers cab windows, or warning panel.

Starmill

Veteran Member
The only real problem is if it is offensive or inhibits safe working, I.e on drivers cab windows, or warning panel.

Forgive me if this is inappropriate, but this was, I think run out in service to Buxton one morning - it was certainly standing at Manchester Piccadilly getting uncomfortable looks from staff!

60eed409ece8cf03318d439d94c5d0ac.jpg

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster

What happens when you leave them lying around in any city :roll:

It's really amazing that they haven't yet sussed how to get inside, given how insecure a carriage key operated budget lock is!

TP

Starmill

Veteran Member
It's really amazing that they haven't yet sussed how to get inside, given how insecure a carriage key operated budget lock is!

TP

And, more dangerously, that any random could release the doors of a moving train with one of those!

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Probably not.

TP
Most likely the effect will be similar to having a light diffuser plastered against the window - light can get in but you can't see out. Although if the paint is layered so thickly then light won't even get it.

Charlie2555

I found when I went to Slovenia this summer there was hardly a single train which wasn't covered in graffiti. Must be very hard to look out the windows in some of these!

Attachments

• SAM_8120.JPG
    SAM_8120.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 16
  • SAM_8122.JPG
    SAM_8122.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 17
  • SAM_8123.JPG
    SAM_8123.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 17
  • SAM_8235.JPG
    SAM_8235.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 12

Aictos

Established Member
I know for a fact that LOROL get fined heavily if they attempt to put into service a train with even the smallest bit of graffiti on it, I also know that a LOROL director took a photo of a fellow NSE TOC which had graffiti on it for the past three months on the same train, not going to name my source or the TOC concerned. The photo was taken to prove a point to say look we pay fines if we put a train into service which is in the same condition as the TOC but they don't pay fines.

I think this article taken with LOROL's Director of HR is quite interesting, see here

Status
Not open for further replies.