• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

37s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone know if there were any class 37s working in the Leeds area yesterday...?

It's just I am sure I heard some thrashing about but never saw them, and the time was about 13.30.. Although I could have been hearing things...

If there was, is it possible to know what they were doing ?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Turbostar

Well, looking at a railtour website, the only thing I could find that possibly it could be was the following:

Saturday 31st - The Cumbrian Crusader III
Birmingham International to Newcastle via Sheffield & Carlisle & return

The leg between Sheffield & Carlisle was booked to be operated by a DRS 20 & 37.

Other than that, it might have been an unknown freight working.

Hope this helps. :)

87019Chris

The leg between Sheffield & Carlisle was booked to be operated by a DRS 20 & 37.QUOTE]

the DRS Cl 20 was not availble so it was a pair of 37's on the charter it was routed according to the spitfire railtours website however there is a more indepth route list on this link http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=35046

(with 2 x DRS class 37) BIRMINGHAM INTERNATIONAL-Stechford-Proof House Jn-BIRMINGHAM NEW STREET -Grand Jn-Landor St Jn-Water Orton-TAMWORTH HIGH LEVEL-BURTON ON TRENT-Stenson Jn-DERBY-Clay Cross-CHESTERFIELD-Beighton Jn- Darnall-SHEFFIELD -Swinton Jn-South Kirkby Jn-Calder Bridge Jn-Altofts Jn-Engine Shed Jn-Armley Jn-Apperley Jn-Shipley-Keighley-Skipton-Hellifield-Settle Jn-Ribblehead-Blea Moor-Garsdale-Kirkby Stephen-Appleby-Culgaith Crossover-Petteril Bridge Jn-Carlisle London Road Jn-Carlisle (3 hour break)
THE RETURN ROUTE (with DRS class 66/4) Carlisle-London Road Jn-Brampton-Bardon Hill-Hexham-Wylam-Norwood Jn-NEWCASTLE (reverse – 2 x DRS class 37 to work forward)-Low Fell-Durham-Darlington-Thirsk-Skelton Jn-Colton Jn-Church Fenton-Moorthorpe-Swinton-Meadowhall-SHEFFIELD-CHESTERFIELD-Clay Cross-DERBY-Stenson Jn-BURTON ON TRENT-TAMWORTH HIGH LEVEL-Water Orton-Landor St Jn-Grand Jn-BIRMINGHAM NEW STREET-Proof House Jn-Stechford-BIRMINGHAM INTERNATIONAL.

hope this helps i dont know which 37's were on it but im sure somone will know

Mr Spock

Actually the leg from Sheffield to Carlisle was run with one 37 (610) as the other one developed a fault at Carnforth.

Right... Thanks for your help, but you're not on about the right day.. I mean on Friday at around 13.30...

I'm guessing it was an unknown working then..

Ferret

Established Member
Right... Thanks for your help, but you're not on about the right day.. I mean on Friday at around 13.30...

I'm guessing it was an unknown working then..

Which way did the 4Z## Ditton-Tees Dock go? Could be a candidate as that was 37087/229 I think.

Thanks Ferret :D I had a search for your route for the 4Z## Ditton-Tees Dock and found what I was looking for on http://www.c37lg.co.uk/workings.htm which says it was the 1208 York - Neville Hill worked by 37516...

I knew I wasn't hearing things :D

Status
Not open for further replies.