• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

385 delivered to.... Ashford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Train Maniac

Just passed through Ashford en route to Canterbury and wondered why that was sitting in the train washer part of the yard :lol:
Haha I did the exact same thing this morning. Pity I didn't get my phone out in time.
Does anyone know the exact time/date/RTT working when they go up to Scotland?

On Moderation
All good then.

Be interesting to see if any of the 444s get renumbered (throw another 4 in there, it'll be fine. Plus that means 444 444 will exist ;) ).
There’s no reason (other than confusion) that set and vehicle numbers can’t be duplicated. It is dumb and I don’t understand why the RSL went to six digit numbers when we should have gone straight to 12 digit EVNs and implemented something sensible like Switzerland have.

K.o.R

There’s no reason (other than confusion) that set and vehicle numbers can’t be duplicated. It is dumb and I don’t understand why the RSL went to six digit numbers when we should have gone straight to 12 digit EVNs and implemented something sensible like Switzerland have.

I thought the whole point was that TOPS didn't like duplicate numbers at all. I'm sure it's more than capable of distinguishing by now but, from a lay perspective, if everything has a purely numerical identification, then it makes sense for it to be unique.

whhistle

On Moderation
Reminds me of this:

zurg-toy-story-vader-likeness.jpg

I personally dont see why everyone hates them. They look more visually appealing than say, one of the new Greater Anglia Stadler FLIRT Units
I think they have a certain indefinable Class 26-ishness about them, which is rather apt for where they hang out.

anamyd

On Moderation
For re-railing after delivery by road from Kasado via the ocean & the Port of Southampton. Ashford was the closest Hitachi depot to So'ton with a test track, believe it or not.
Oh right, thanks for that!

Metal_gee_man

Well I'm sat at Ashford and will be going past the yard in 10 minutes, I will see if there's a dirty stinking diesel attached to the front of one!

Metal_gee_man

Well I'm sat at Ashford and will be going past the yard in 10 minutes, I will see if there's a dirty stinking diesel attached to the front of one!
And the award for optimist of the year goes to me, a few people suggested they were sat out near the train wash I cant see them in the yard unless they've been tucked behind a 395 well out of the way

We will just have to see

Hughqq

They are in the down yard on the hitachi side, if a 395 is stabled they will be difficult to see

scosutsut

Looks like it hasn't had the drivers cab windscreen retrofit yet, as all the ones in service that have have the unit number on either side at different heights and it really triggers me!

Although if its being hauled up I can't see that would be a reason not to move it?

Last edited:

David M

Looks like it hasn't had the drivers cab windscreen retrofit yet, as all the ones in service that have have the unit number on either side at different heights and it really triggers me!

Initially, I thought that as well but it looks as if the numbers on both sides of the cab are higher than the original which suggests the screen has perhaps been fitted.

scosutsut

Initially, I thought that as well but it looks as if the numbers on both sides of the cab are higher than the original which suggests the screen has perhaps been fitted.

Great call, looks like someone in Kasado shares my love of uniformity!

SimonC

Sorry all.. linkie no workie

Its from a little car park after 148 Adams Drive, Willesborough - 51°08'23.0"N 0°53'08.1"E

InOban

Established Member
What we really need to know is why they've spent three weeks sitting there. Are Hitachi trying to sell a DC version?

SC318250

Are they not there due to lack of space at Newton Acycliffe (however u spell it)

Saw a post earlier saying they might be going north on Thursday.. I suspect they wont be going to Craigentinney as they still need spots put on

Cletus

Established Member
Well it's a bonus for me spotting a Scottish EMU when you live in Dover! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.