• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

3rd train fire at Wilmslow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam L

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 165
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northwichcat

Veteran Member
That would make the unit 323233, based on what RealTrainTimes is showing. Looks like the TfW Rail service turned around at Crewe, so it can't be one of theirs this time.

CW2

Established Member
1830 Manc - Swansea announced as omitting Stockport, so assume via Styal to Wilmslow, with the Styal line platforms still serviceable. No announcement re 1855 Manc - Euston via Crewe as yet ...

Update
1855 Manc - Euston now diverting via Stoke to Stafford. Cheers then. Could be a long journey home ...

Established Member
Reports of another fire on a train at Wilmslow....

Seems to be 2H48 1715 Crewe to Manchester Piccadilly affected.

Correct it is the northern unit, there was a small flame coming from an axle which was quickly extinguished.

Unit about to move to Wilmslow reversing sidings at 5mph.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
What is going on at Wilmslow lately?

Must be something in the air.
Smoke?! ;)

At least the two lots of double track through Wilmslow should offer a degree of operational flexibility if one side of the station is out of use due to a failed train (once any associated fire is fully extinguished, of course).

sd0733

Established Member
I seriously hope that it's not a deliberate action (arsonist in the area?).
It's been engines and axles so not generally what an arsonist could do, just a very unusual spate of bad luck!

SuperLuke2334

Established Member
My heart genuinely sank when I saw this, groaning not another 175!! Thank goodness TfW haven't lost another unit but still not great for Northern. Wilmslow must have a curse :lol:

Jez

Established Member
My heart genuinely sank when I saw this, groaning not another 175!! Thank goodness TfW haven't lost another unit but still not great for Northern. Wilmslow must have a curse :lol:
Me too! When I saw the thread I incorrectly thought it was yet another 175!

CHESHIRECAT

Northern staff at Wilmslow blithely directing customers to Platform one at 1830 with no knowledge of when next service may arrive going north
When asked if they could call to find out told a blunt no as they were dealing with emergency! One fine engine and one member of BTP in attendance

Nothing went north until 1950 from 1815

No information screen or waiting room on Platform one but many would be customers...I understand things like this happen but communication is where it falls down...

Update
Northern have responded to email complaint apologising and are paying tavi fare so credit where due....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.