• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

4x class 20s at Birmingham New Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABB125

Established Member
About half an hour ago, this working passed through Birmingham New Street: https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:R24324/2022-09-13/detailed
It was 4 class 20s.

Unfortunately my train was late, so I just missed them.

Two questions:
  1. Which locomotives were in the group?
  2. What are they doing?
By following a trail on RealTime Trains, I think I've answered the second question, but it would be nice if someone could confirm.
Having arrived at Kings Norton from Tyseley depot, some barrier wagons are picked up. These are taken to Crewe, where a class 777 is collected. Top and tailed by a pair of class 20s, this is taken to Kirkdale depot in Liverpool. The class 20s then return the barrier wagons to Kings Norton before heading home to Tyseley.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ExRes

Established Member
If it's the normal locos it should be 20007, 20142, 20189 & 20205, as for the rest you've got it pretty well nailed down, shame that the pair of RailAdventure 43s at Kings Norton aren't taking part in todays/tomorrows moves

Anonymous10

Established Member
About half an hour ago, this working passed through Birmingham New Street: https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:R24324/2022-09-13/detailed
It was 4 class 20s.

Unfortunately my train was late, so I just missed them.

Two questions:
  1. Which locomotives were in the group?
  2. What are they doing?
By following a trail on RealTime Trains, I think I've answered the second question, but it would be nice if someone could confirm.
Having arrived at Kings Norton from Tyseley depot, some barrier wagons are picked up. These are taken to Crewe, where a class 777 is collected. Top and tailed by a pair of class 20s, this is taken to Kirkdale depot in Liverpool. The class 20s then return the barrier wagons to Kings Norton before heading home to Tyseley.

Thanks
why do they use class 20's

ExRes

Established Member
why do they use class 20's

The trips are being operated under the SLC Operations banner and SLC currently use the 20s hired in from Michael Owen, now the operation appears to have been taken over by RailAdventure there could be future changes in traction

Route115?

4 x Class 20 + match wagons were used for LUL S stock moves between West Ruislip & Derby over a long period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.