• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

60 minutes late and no available seat on the replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
Was meant to leave Glasgow this morning on the 0650 East Coast to Kings Cross. We got told that due to a train fault it was severely delayed (ultimately cancelled) and that we could go on the 0750 CrossCountry to Edinburgh and continue the journey with East Coast from there.

Got on the 0930 East Coast but there was no seating available as it was standing room only.

I was meant to get into Kings Cross originally at 1242, but never reached there until 1345. So my question is, am I able to claim Delay Repay along with East Coast's Seat Guarantee Scheme or it just one or the other?

I had an Advance Single between Glasgow and Kings Cross.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

35B

Established Member
Was meant to leave Glasgow this morning on the 0650 East Coast to Kings Cross. We got told that due to a train fault it was severely delayed (ultimately cancelled) and that we could go on the 0750 CrossCountry to Edinburgh and continue the journey with East Coast from there.

Got on the 0930 East Coast but there was no seating available as it was standing room only.

I was meant to get into Kings Cross originally at 1242, but never reached there until 1345. So my question is, am I able to claim Delay Repay along with East Coast's Seat Guarantee Scheme or it just one or the other?

I had an Advance Single between Glasgow and Kings Cross.

Either delay repay or seat guarantee, but given what you say about the delay, I'd be claiming the 100% delay repay.

From experience, use the online form with a picture of the ticket if you possibly can, that speeds the claims up no end, as does asking for a BACS payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crehld

Established Member

You can claim delay repay or compensation under the seat guarantee scheme - not both. The conditions of Virgin East Coast's seat guarantee scheme say:

We can only pay compensation under one scheme per journey. For example, if you were unlucky enough to be delayed by over 30 minutes and the seat you reserved wasn’t available, you would have to pick either Delay Repay or Seat Guarantee. You can choose the scheme that offers you the most compensation though.

I'd claim delay repay if I were you, as you'd be entitled to claim back 100% of the ticket cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.