• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

7 Little Deltics in the Sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Well at least you waited till after the watershed to post this... this... I don't even know what to call it!

Good shots ;)

newbie babs

A fantastic day, I just took too many photos (72)

All I can say is "wow" and I cant wait for next week

wensley

Established Member
I took nearly 500 shots so 72 doesn't sound too bad to me ;)
Some nice images there are well!
Glad people like the shots, I was pleased with them, capturing a special moment
I'm also glad to see "1A60" lasted all weekend <D

GNER 373

I've uploaded my pics to my blog (link below) if your interested in a quick look? Some BRILLIANT pictures here, well done

wensley

Established Member
I've uploaded my pics to my blog (link below) if your interested in a quick look? Some BRILLIANT pictures here, well done

Ta for the kind words :)
Just got back from 3 days in the Lake District with no internet access!
Nice to see you photos as well, I think they were better split either side of the pad to be honest, I maybe should've popped back up on Saturday to complete the set.

GNER 373

Ta for the kind words :)
Just got back from 3 days in the Lake District with no internet access!
Nice to see you photos as well, I think they were better split either side of the pad to be honest, I maybe should've popped back up on Saturday to complete the set.

My friend went on Sunday where the Deltic's seem to be better laid out for photos, looking at the shots he showed me from his sortie. He also has a blog, http://www.jims-trains.blogspot.com/ I know he put a couple on there yesterday, he was hoping to get some more uploaded tonight...

All in all it was a fantastic event one I'd definately go to again. :D

Harlesden

I seem to be more impressed with the two tone green locomotives rather than the blue ones, but this is the opinion of a total novice.

Oswyntail

Established Member
Warning - personal opinion approaching.
While I love the nostalgia of the get together, I was reminded of a Boy Band come back tour; they are not as good as they were, and the years have done nothing to improve their looks. In fact, they are really ugly, especially in Rail Blue, which does nothing to break up the horrible slab sides.

Harlesden

Ugly? This is ugly.

mm_33040.jpg

wensley

Established Member
Everyone has locos that they like or dislike for whatever reason! I, personally, love the sight of a Deltic (or 7 in this case :D ) and it is arguable that 22 is the best around, spotless BR Blue with the embellishments certainly does it for me. One thing photos don't provide are sound and smell - something special about almost all heritage diesels. Hearing '16 and '22 tick over and rev up was what it was all about for me and a Deltic's engine room after shut down smells like no other....never mind the heat!

HST Power

Established Member
I've never been interested by the sight of Deltics, or steam trains, but those are some lovely shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.