• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

92036 Failed at WFJ US (8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nym

Established Member
Well, some fun shortly at Harrow and Weldstone. The 0755 off WFJ is already crush loaded without much calling at Harrow recently...

Any ideas why this 'wonderful' peice of british engineering has coughed and died to be hauled odd (now) by a 66?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
Suspected frost on the OHLE on the Down Slow meaning that 92036 was unable to draw power, and Northbound services were diverted via the Up Slow platform around the blockage.

oversteer

Ah so that's why the train I travelled on switched at Hemel from the up slow to the up fast and skipped everywhere except WFJ !

Was the most peaceful commute in I've had in a long time (until I got to Euston)

Poggs

Ah so that's why the train I travelled on switched at Hemel from the up slow to the up fast and skipped everywhere except WFJ !

Was the most peaceful commute in I've had in a long time (until I got to Euston)

Incidentally, you can see disruption like this on http://www.opentraintimes.com/maps - the London Euston - Hatch End, Hatch End - Kings Langley and Kings Langley - Wolverton maps are most relevant here.

Established Member
I was on the 05:25 Balham to Milton Keynes which went via platform 9 at Watford Jn, the culprit was 92036 on 6S94 Dollands Moor to Irvine which was standing in the down slow platform - I guessed that it would cause problems later on :oops:

"sprinterguy" is correct, 92s don't like frost on the overheads and I'm not surprised it conked out at Watford, my colleague who lives there remarked that it was much colder than North West London, would have been a lot easier if it failed on the relief lines at Wembley!

Status
Not open for further replies.