• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A couple of questions about Freightliner

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseW

I'm looking into the possibility of working for Freightliner and I have a couple of questions. If anyone can help answer them I'd really appreciate it.

Does anyone know how close to the depot Freightliner want their staff to live?
Does anyone know the current pay scale for Freightliner intermodal and heavy haul drivers, from the time of training to fully qualified?
And would driving freight trains be like driving passenger trains, ie, starting and ending the day at the same depot?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aivilo

There is a restriction like all tocs but I know of drivers that are well over the hour mark for a commute and the company allow it.

Couldn't advise of the current pay scale but I would say if you want something structured and similar to passenger then go for intermodal. Being boxes it's alot safer than heavy haul

martin2345uk

Established Member
I'm looking into the possibility of working for Freightliner and I have a couple of questions. If anyone can help answer them I'd really appreciate it.

Does anyone know how close to the depot Freightliner want their staff to live?
Does anyone know the current pay scale for Freightliner intermodal and heavy haul drivers, from the time of training to fully qualified?
And would driving freight trains be like driving passenger trains, ie, starting and ending the day at the same depot?

Thanks.

Not sure about the distance to the depot rules, it's usually around an hour...
Intermodal is just over £50k, HH is just over £56k qualified, both start around £20k but the exact progression has changed a bit lately so not quite sure what it is...
And you will be diagrammed to start and end the shift at your depot, but on HH you may have to drive a van to/from places in order to get there, and on IM you could end up on passenger trains/taxis.
Feel free to PM if you've any more specific questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.