• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A spot at Crewe yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
Now I was standing in the queue for tickets to get into Basford Hall and we passed a stall which had some old Hornby stock and one of the stock was black 5 44932

Now anyone who has been paying attention recently will know that I despise the rails that that kettle walks on and to see that Hornby actually wasted time on that loco is ridiculous and I was laughing a joking about it, saying who would want to buy that piece of crap?

So I tell my brother aboout it on the way back to film the model railways that were there and showed him the stand that it was on and it wasn't there so I was having a laugh and a joke about some idiot and saddo buying that loco

The joke ended up on me

Low and behold, me and my brothers come back and I go straight upstairs to my computer and I hear commotion and a laughter downstairs and what does my brother bring up?

Yep, one of my brothers has bought 44932 and it now stands in it's box, staring at me every single time that I walk into their room

Idiot!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GNER 373

I'm confused at your upmost hatred of this loco, why? has it hurt you?

Me three! Explain? I'm guessing from other posts on here that it isnt a Black 5, just sloping around Britain pretending to be....somewhat of a heritage Pretendolino perhaps??? :)

Bittern

Established Member
44932redbridge25nov10cw.jpg

How can anyone hate anything so beautiful?

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Agreed Bittern! Whilst there may be some some do not like, there's no reason to hate!

Martin Wood

Well it's runnung on the Coast to Coast on July 3rd instead of the listed alternatives "Lizzi", 70000, 46100. Which one would you prefer? certainly not 'The Aldermam Draper'

CosherB

Established Member
Hating steam locos? There's no accounting for taste. Some folk prefer tasteless fizzy lager to a gorgeous hoppy real bitter, but they usually grow up eventually to appreciate quality. :D

Foxhound

Black 5s - the Class 47 of the steam era - (according to some) - but who cares - be grateful there are still working examples of these fine machines. Great photo, Bittern, by the way. To quote the class 37 fraternity - 'Hellfire!'..... :oops:<D

Status
Not open for further replies.