• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A suitable location in London please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
So I am off to London on my own Saturday to film at Battersea Park and then pop down to Clapham Junction to get Clan Line flying through at about one o'clock but my plan to then go to Bethnal Green has been nixed (there are no trains leaving Liverpool Street because of engineering work :-x)

So, I'm looking for a suitable second station to film at in zones 1/2 and I come to you guys and ask

Now, there are a few criteria that has to be met:

1) Cannot be a terminus station
2) Must have plenty of traffic
3) Cannot be Clapham Junction (because I've already done it)

I was thinking West Hampstead but FCC are only running London Bridge to Brighton (that's according to my brother and he could be wrong)
I was thinking Lewisham but that is a real rough part of London so that puts me off slightly

So if anyone has any ideas, throw them at me and I'll certainly take them into consideration

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

londonmidland

Established Member
So I am off to London on my own Saturday to film at Battersea Park and then pop down to Clapham Junction to get Clan Line flying through at about one o'clock but my plan to then go to Bethnal Green has been nixed (there are no trains leaving Liverpool Street because of engineering work :-x)

So, I'm looking for a suitable second station to film at in zones 1/2 and I come to you guys and ask

Now, there are a few criteria that has to be met:

1) Cannot be a terminus station
2) Must have plenty of traffic
3) Cannot be Clapham Junction (because I've already done it)

I was thinking West Hampstead but FCC are only running London Bridge to Brighton (that's according to my brother and he could be wrong)
I was thinking Lewisham but that is a real rough part of London so that puts me off slightly

So if anyone has any ideas, throw them at me and I'll certainly take them into consideration

Dunno if Stratford is effected by the engineering works, Willesden Junction prehaps? (Don't live in London so don't know if that is out zone 2) There will still be a FCC service from London St Pancras to Bedford so no shortage of 319's!

Here are a few stations in zone 2:
Kensington (Olympia)
Wandsworth Road - Southern
Wandsworth Town - South West Trains
West Hampstead Thameslink
Rectory Road

Not amazingly busy though

Last edited:

Lampshade

Established Member
Stratford is a good call. Also London Bridge depending on whether you class it as a terminus or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.