• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A theoretical question relating to missing connections due to new one way systems at stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntea

Established Member
This evening my train into Leeds got held up and arrived several minutes late into Platform 5, and I had a connection on Platform 10(A) which went from having 12 minutes to make to about 5 and a half as a result

Still sounds perfectly achievable...until you factor in the fact you now have to walk all the way along Platform 8, up the back bridge, back down and then all the way to Platform 10 due to the one way system

I made it, the connecting service was late departing in itself anyway, but what if I hadn't? Would Northern have been willing to provide alternative transport home considering it was also the last service of the evening for example...or delay repay if it had been earlier in the day

Would the staff currently floating around the station 'enforcing' the layout shown some common sense perhaps and let me up the main bridge - I get there is a safety element to all of this but when there are literally 5 passengers in the station I would have to try very hard to spread Covid-19! I also started to wonder what actual powers these staff have, if I were to just ignore them and make my own mind up which way I wanted to go around the station

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PG

Established Member
I'm sure this issue was raised some weeks back on one of the Covid-19 threads with the outcome being yes you'd either qualify for delay repay or alternative transport in the event of missing the last train of the day.

Can't answer as to whether the staff would show discretion or the powers that they (may) have if you ignore them.

EDIT: This is the post I was thinking of plus the next post after it. RDG haven't updated the minimum connection times so Leeds is still 10 minutes thus as long as you've allowed at least that between trains you are covered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.