• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

A34 Buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Hi all,

While en-route to Southampton on Thursday 30th December I passed three buses on the A34 between Chieveley and Highclere which were painted mostly green but with brown backs. I think they were Yutong E12 Electrics. I was heading southbound but the buses were heading north so I didn't get registrations and have no idea where they were heading. Anyone know?

Dave

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Newport is due their second batch of Yutongs. Could be those?

MotCO

Established Member
How are electric buses delivered if their range is less than the distance from port to depot?

carlberry

Established Member
How are electric buses delivered if their range is less than the distance from port to depot?
I'd assume they used the same principle they use with diesel buses in the same situation.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
I didn't know Newport Bus was getting a second batch but it could be that.

Dave

Yes - a mix of E12s and the shorter ones I believe. They stopped off at Newport Bus to be charged on their way (from the port) up to be fitted out.

Guessing this is the return journey?

iantherev

I would say it's more likely to be one of those, as Cardiff are currently in the process of receiving more of them as we speak.
Cardiff ones have blood orange rear halves which could appear brown in some lights. The fronts of the ones currently on delivery are green, too.

Snow1964

Established Member
I think most Yutong buses go to Pelican at Castleford for internal fitting out

They are fitted out to customers spec, (seats, electronics, displays etc), having been built as working empty shells in China.

Not sure if they can do the journey (Southampton-Castleford is about 230 miles) cruising empty without recharge, or need a quick boost on route.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.