• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia Class 755s (Regional Trains)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
What does COP stand for here? And why would ASDO need to be overridden?

But I imagine the added diesel consumption when idling would be enough to reduce their range and require more frequent refuelling - though this may not be a problem depending on how often they are refuelled. As for raising at speed, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that require upgrades to OHLE? If so, it may just be better to extend the line until the end of the platform. Of course none of this is solving Cambridge platform 5, which is the main issue as platforms 3 and 4 are most often used at Ipswich anyway.
Yes sorry, shouldn't assume everyone knows what COP stands for.

We have designated areas where we can raise them at up to 100mph.

ASDO if may have to be overidden in the example given as platform q at Ipswich would not accommodate two 755/4s. Drivers wouldn't accept that responsibility except in an emergency,

dk1

Veteran Member
I always wondered what would happen if it had the pan up going towards bury at haughley and coldham lane junctions
Been done many times at locations such as this, Ely North & Trowse. Train comes to a stand before running out of wire. Driver starts diesels and continues :oops: