• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia Trainee Drivers (Mainline and Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPADTrap

Established Member
I know they are, but both new when you are a new candidate. I dont see it as terrible advice, nor cheating. I'm sure I wouldn't be considered for a position, if that were the case. I take it you are already a driver for AGA?

Well a new candidate would ideally research which roles suits them best? There's way more to both jobs than just 'driving trains'. As I said depot and mainline are different animals.

Well if you have to set up a new email address and apply like that what does that tell you? It says you cannot have more than one active driver application in six months for a reason (or words to that effect)

Don't blow your chances before you've had it. It's duff advice trust me. Best of luck either way, what do I know.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrT

Well a new candidate would ideally research which roles suits them best? There's way more to both jobs than just 'driving trains'. As I said depot and mainline are different animals.

Well if you have to set up a new email address and apply like that what does that tell you? It says you cannot have more than one active driver application in six months for a reason (or words to that effect)

Don't blow your chances before you've had it. It's duff advice trust me. Best of luck either way, what do I know.

Ok, we'll agree to disagree on that one then. My intentions were not immoral....... How long have you been a driver for?

387star

On Moderation
Does the classroom based training take place at Stratford as well?

DunfordBridge

Dunfordbridge how did your assessment go or did you not attend?

Any idea when courses will start I'm waiting on final interview

Hi ml, I elected not to go. Every time I have been invited to a driver assessment in recent years, I have had a ceiling cave in.

I know you only went for the Driver Fault Finding Test but do you know what tests were staged on the day. The itinerary seemed a bit generous just for stage 1.

Dave1987

On Moderation
MrT I understand why you want to do what you are doing but the company only wants you to apply for one position at a time. Its the same with most TOC's. If you manage to get through the sift for both jobs you could end up with neither position if they see your name twice linked to two different email addresses as this will probably be seen as trying to cheat the system. That does not go down well at all in this industry, as if you are willing to try and cheat the system to apply for two different jobs at the same time what else are you will to try and cheat the system at?

387star

On Moderation
Hi ml, I elected not to go. Every time I have been invited to a driver assessment in recent years, I have had a ceiling cave in.

I know you only went for the Driver Fault Finding Test but do you know what tests were staged on the day. The itinerary seemed a bit generous just for stage 1.

Think it was just trp one and two teocc and dots ie stage one

stevieoz

Think it was just trp one and two teocc and dots ie stage one

Hello ml

Did you apply for the mainline position or depot driver?

I have not heard anything yet and when I log on to my application it still quotes 'under consideration'?

anybody else have this trouble? have all jobs gone? should I contact aba? am I being impatient?

application says aga try to respond within 14 days but I have been waiting for over a month.

Should I move on from this?

387star

On Moderation
Applied mainline

Think more may be called for assessment who knows

tcsilva

I wonder if anyone can help...

My friend received an invite for the assessment at Farringdon with Greater Anglia, and I was trying to know exactly what test will be done on the day.

For what I can understand from his practice materials, it looks like he will be doing:

-DFFT - Driver's fault finding test
-Concentration - Presumably Group Bourdon on paper
-TRP1 - a.k.a memory test
-TRP2 - a.k.a. Dials and pointers
- Mechanical Comprehension test
-Reaction Test - Grey Square??
-2 Hand Coordination
- Structured Interview - MMI???

Can anybody that had an assessment recently confirm if all of this tests are the ones??

Also are they all done in the same day?

Also, no TEA-occ or ATAVT???? I thought these were mandatory by RSSB...

Any help is appreciated...

Many Thanks...

tlionhart

The 2-hand co ordination is all part of the test system. So on the test system you get;
- 2hand
- ATAVT
- (forgot what it's called) press green button everytime the black box appears

tcsilva

The 2-hand co ordination is all part of the test system. So on the test system you get;
- 2hand
- ATAVT
- (forgot what it's called) press green button everytime the black box appears

Thanks for that, tlionhart...

Any idea on the structured interview...? Is it done in the same day??

Many thanks

387star

On Moderation
You sure this is greater anglia not thameslink as I thought greater anglia assessments were all at stratford not farringdon

The mechanical test is obsolete but worth confirming this

Just because the MMI practice material is given does not mean it is to take place the same day normally a different day

Last edited:

tcsilva

You sure this is greater anglia not thameslink as I thought greater anglia assessments were all at stratford not farringdon

The mechanical test is obsolete but worth confirming this

Just because the MMI practice material is given does not mean it is to take place the same day normally a different day

Yes, it is AGA..

Mechanical comprehension is obsolete but TOC can use them if they want it, and that was exactly what i was trying to confirm, as it shows up in the practice materials. .
but since nobody did them recently, I guess I will ask my friend to give them a call...

mt623

Hi guys,

Have been looking through the post history and there has been some great information. There has been some talk about the MMI not being on the same day as the testing but nothing really concrete. Is it true that the MMI interview will be held on another day subject to stage 1 testing being completed?

Many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.