• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio Greater Anglia- trainee train drivers/ trainee depot drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shunter_69

Congrats Ryan. That might put the cat among the pidgeons at Clacton as I was under the impression they still have depot drivers there who are guaranteed mainline progression.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RyanE1991

Had my medical today, wow those tones are quiet on the hearing test! Also only just had enough pee pee to fill up the cup to the required line haha!

They need to contact my gp regarding a certain part of my medical history but as long as my gp gives the all clear then that should be fine.

More worryingly though my ecg results were a bit iffy, I was a bit nervous and put it down to white coat syndrome myself but the doc said they might need to investigate further, hopefully it won't be a problem as never had a heart condition before? Has anyone else had erratic readings from an ecg before?

bILLOO

Had my medical today, wow those tones are quiet on the hearing test! Also only just had enough pee pee to fill up the cup to the required line haha!

They need to contact my gp regarding a certain part of my medical history but as long as my gp gives the all clear then that should be fine.

More worryingly though my ecg results were a bit iffy, I was a bit nervous and put it down to white coat syndrome myself but the doc said they might need to investigate further, hopefully it won't be a problem as never had a heart condition before? Has anyone else had erratic readings from an ecg before?

I did, also down to nerves. I had to relax as much as possible and the second time the results were satisfactory.

Oliman

Hi Guys first time poster here.
I got a call today that i was successful but will in the august in take. Wondering anyone else have this?
Apparently May is full.

Oliman

Thank you. I applied for bishops stortford and had my interview on the 31st of march.

CaseyJones

Got the phone call! August start date as well subject to medical obviously. Can't believe it...

Oliman

Congratulations Casey. I emailed Sally she said that there isnt a "confirmed" date as of yet for August. I emailed her again and waiting on a reply, do we just wait to hear from her etc?

332 > 444

If they are now offering august and they only hold assessment passes for 2 years, pending if I pass my interview, my pass will be out of date!

Thank god for a back-up plan.....

CaseyJones

Cheers pal you too. I applied for stortford as well although in the interview they did ask me whether I was prepared to go to cambridge or Liverpool street. I didn't ask on the phone but I assume it's stortford! I suppose we just wait for the medical date now. And then wait some more for a start date. But yeah absolutely chuffed!

DiddlyDat

Hi Guys,
Got offered Bishops Stortford today! Again, medical pending mid - April for late May start. Will be cutting it fine for handing in my notice after medical results to start 22nd May......

Well done guys!

Oliman

Yea they said the same to me about Cambridge or liverpool street. I dont care tbh stortford would be ideal but would love just to start. Shame we have to wait. But at least we in. Well done diddly.

KFRM

Hi everyone. I'm just wondering what positions you've all been given at Stortford?

gt1441

Congratulations guys, really good new:Ds. I appreciate if someone could share some of the questions asked at DMI interview.

332 > 444

Congratulations guys, really good new:Ds. I appreciate if someone could share some of the questions asked at DMI interview.

They ask you more about what you have written in your application. Then there's the usual what you know about the company, ask about an emergency situation you encountered, how you will react if someone isn't following rules and the best one, how to peel an apple!

I'm guessing that What people have said on these forums in the past are still relevant to GA interviews, everything they can ask is changeable.

CaseyJones

Yea i did Casey yesterday from sally. Good news its earlier.

Well here's the thing on my application i notified GA of a pre booked holiday in July that was non refundable. When i originally got the call from HR i was informed about August being the date for a start. However the call yesterday from Sally asked if i could cancel and start in July which i regrettable told them i couldn't (if it was a case of "now or never" situation i would of nonetheless cancelled).
Regardless i will still be starting at GA in August or possibly September as was mooted over the phone but no date has been set in stone as of yet. Obviously i felt really bad about it and felt it wasn't a great way to start off with a new employer but Sally said it was absolutely fine and they will still be in contact.

area 39

Hello all. Can anyone give me both the depot and mainline salaries both before and after training please ? It's been that long i can't remember. Thanks.

TheEdge

Established Member
Hello all. Can anyone give me both the depot and mainline salaries both before and after training please ? It's been that long i can't remember. Thanks.

Varies, depending on if you are East (ex-FGE), West (ex-WAGN) (some depots for them have London weighting) or North (ex-Anglia).

mmbeak78

Varies, depending on if you are East (ex-FGE), West (ex-WAGN) (some depots for them have London weighting) or North (ex-Anglia).

On that note, ASLEF site states:

East: £45,758;
West: £44,367;
North: £45,056

London weighting is currently £2,307.

Shunter_69

With the pay deal that's been accepted, Depot Driver wages on East side will be just over £29k

TheEdge

Established Member
On that note, ASLEF site states:

East: £45,758;
West: £44,367;
North: £45,056

London weighting is currently £2,307.

It goes more than that, depot drivers are on different wages, and some depots have depot drivers and depot drivers with mainline rules.

mmbeak78

It goes more than that, depot drivers are on different wages, and some depots have depot drivers and depot drivers with mainline rules.

Sorry - I was just sharing what I was able to find. Cannot find anything concrete on Depot Driver wage (I believe it to be ~£30k). Trainee wage tends to be around half the Qualified wage - although some Operators will increase the wage during training.

Status
Not open for further replies.