• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Abellio launch "Multipass" smartphone ticketing on West Anglia

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
I suppose so, yes - if multpass is the more technical term :) Their advertising on the ticket barriers was changed from "Coming soon" to "Swipe your smart card here" or something. Have a look on www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk/smart for more info.

The smart card in the link given is only for loading monthly and annual season tickets on. So it looks like it's no different to any other smart card and not the multipass system referred to here, which is based on using a mobile phone app.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
If I understand correctly it was only the pilot Multipass that used a smartphone app; the launch version will use a special card (i.e., a Multipass!). But that page that rasobey linked to is very confusing seeing it doesn't mention Multipass at all, e.g. why is there a FAQ "Is a Smart Card the same as Oyster?" but not ""Is a Smart Card the same as Multipass?"?!

rasobey

I'll have a look at the link @SickyNicky posted but I have to confess that multipass is very new to me. I'm just a commuter.

Edit: Well, if multipass is the future, I'd rather not be a part of it! Visual ticket inspections on a mobile phone? It's slow enough using barriers, let alone 150+ commuters trying to get past 1 or 2 members of staff at the station.

Cynical, me? Never...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.