• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Accurascale class 30/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

pieguyrob

Accurascale have just announced a brand new model of the brush type 2. It will be available as the Mirlees class 30 and the re engined English Electric class 31. The first production run is available now for pre order. DCC ready is £169.99 and sound ready is £269.99. Below is a link to Accurascale's web site:-
https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/brush-type-2-class-30-31

I'm looking forward to this model. I have already pre ordered the regional railways livery, with a view to pre ordering the intercity version. The specifications of this locomotive look impressive. Looking forward to it arriving in the post.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pieguyrob

What is the difference between a Class 30 and 31?
Basically the TOPS class 30 designation was reserved for the Brush Type 2 as built. As built they had Mirlees diesel prime movers. These turned out to be rather unreliable. So BR had the whole class re-engined with the English Electric 12SVT, whereby the TOPS designation became class 31. That is it in a nutshell. The Wikipedia link in the post above will no doubt go into more detail.

Accurascale have tooled up the model, to portray the loco as built and refurbished over the years. As of when I type this, the class 30 isn't available with sound, but, if they can find a suitable sound file for the Mirlees engine, it will be made available.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Accurascale have tooled up the model, to portray the loco as built and refurbished over the years. As of when I type this, the class 30 isn't available with sound, but, if they can find a suitable sound file for the Mirlees engine, it will be made available.

It’ll be interesting if they do manage to find the correct source of sound for the model. Mirrlees engines definitely have quite a distinct sound but marrying that up with all the associated ancillary noises of fans, brake equipment etc must be quite a challenge.

pieguyrob

They have daid they would rather offer it without, than with the incorrect sound file. The problem is find the right engine. There are some Scottish tug boats that have the right engine, but, would still not sound right. Its one thing revving an engine with no load on it, but, when you traction motors drawing power it alters the sound the engine makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.