• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Additional WCML train today??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk1

Veteran Member
Just noticed an additional train 14.20 Glasgow Central to Euston due 19.16 calling only at Preston at 16.52. Seems odd as there is also a 14.35 making more stops & due to depart Preston 16.56 & arrive earlier at 19.13.

Is the 14.20 an additional train due to earlier engineering work & so relieve the overcrowded 14.35 & why has it been given such generous timings? Could it be the Pretendilino?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
Running again today 21/03/10 & next Sunday. Not shown in GBTT or Virgin timetables but is shown on the journey planner for next week.

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Might be something to do with the diversions near Lancaster.

I'm not sure when they run, but everything was terminating at Preston yesterday afternoon

dk1

Veteran Member

I'm not sure when they run, but everything was terminating at Preston yesterday afternoon

Its like going backto BR in the 70s when services returned to normal by Sunday afternoon. This is now one of the busiest times for long distance travel in the UK. As i said earlier i wonder if it is because being the first through Anglo-Scottish service the 14.35 will be very busy indeed, so is the 14.20 basically a relief & can you book on it? Maybe Virgin keep it quiet incase of a shortage of Pendolino's or crew then they are in no way commited to running the service.

voyagerdude220

Established Member

Last day of diversions over the Settle & Carlisle next Saturday, running during the afternoon. ;)

I've noticed the 14:20 GLC EUS on the NRES website one or two sundays before today, and also wondered why it's not advertised on VT's website.

There's also an additional Euston to Preston & return train on April 1st, (no it's not an April fool :wink) leaving Euston sometime after the 11:30 departure, returning around 14:00- can't remember from memory, just noticed it on East Coast's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.