• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance ticket LNER and connections (Scotrail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero

I have an advance Newcastle to Glasgow, with Newcastle to Edinburgh reserved on LNER, 30 minutes interchange time at Edinburgh and then no reservation on Scotrail to Queen St. It is an e-ticket

I would like to spend 1 hour at Edinburgh instead - will there be a problem if I take a later train to Glasgow?

Also I thought that Scotrail didn't do e-tickets or has this changed recently? I don't recall seeing e-ticket readers at the Queen St barriers when I last went there in autumn 2021, but maybe I wasn't looking.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wallsendmag

Established Member
I have an advance Newcastle to Glasgow, with Newcastle to Edinburgh reserved on LNER, 30 minutes interchange time at Edinburgh and then no reservation on Scotrail to Queen St. It is an e-ticket

I would like to spend 1 hour at Edinburgh instead - will there be a problem if I take a later train to Glasgow?

Also I thought that Scotrail didn't do e-tickets or has this changed recently? I don't recall seeing e-ticket readers at the Queen St barriers when I last went there in autumn 2021, but maybe I wasn't looking.
Is the connection printed on your ticket? We have an agreement with ScotRai to issue cross border eTickets. ScotRail don't do eTickets but LNER do .

Status
Not open for further replies.