• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advances - are unreservable connections ever specified on the ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Paxton

Established Member
I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is no, but I'm curious to have it confirmed...

For Advance '& connections' tickets, are unreservable connecting legs ever specified in any way on the tickets/ coupons as is the case for the train(s) on the reservable leg(s) (i.e. where travel on the booked trains is mandatory) ?

I do specifically mean whether anything ever appears on the actual tickets/coupons, as opposed to what appears on the more comprehensive itinerary produced by the journey planner.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
No. That said, on the old ATB format (the large airline style tickets nobody uses any more) it did show them (as SUGGESTED SERVICE).

I wish they would find a way to do this, personally.

Last edited:

ASharpe

If there are counted place reservations for selling advance fares on the connecting service then it may be printed. Although a seat wouldn't be reserved.

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Although a seat wouldn't be reserved.
A seat is reserved though. Just a notional seat that exists in a computer database somewhere... :lol: of very little use if you have a "reservation" and can't sit down!

EastCoastway

It's called a counted place which means essentially nothing other than the ticket has been removed the advance pool

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I wish they would find a way to do this, personally.

There is a very easy way to do it and that is to make all trains reservable with counted places (although what would be undesirable is if doing so put up the cost of the overall journey if no quota was then available).

Joe Paxton

Established Member
If there are counted place reservations for selling advance fares on the connecting service then it may be printed. Although a seat wouldn't be reserved.

Counted place reservations are always printed on the ticket/coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.