• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Airports outside the UK and Ireland with eGates that accept UK passports

WestCoast

Established Member
It was covered on another thread on here about the Canaries. They are supposed to be stamping and doing exit inspections at Lanzarote but they’re apparently understaffed and aren’t always doing it. I have been to both Tenerife and Gran Canaria where they are doing it properly.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cloud Strife

Established Member
They are supposed to be stamping and doing exit inspections at Lanzarote but they’re apparently understaffed and aren’t always doing it.

It, in itself, is not a major problem as long as you keep records of when you entered and exited.

The exile

Established Member
Bologna does (went through in early March). Same as other Schengen area airports above, E-gate then go to the desk for a stamp if you need it.
Rome Fiumicino as well - big enough of course to have a completely segregated set of gates with formal passport control afterwards.

_toommm_

Established Member
Rome Ciampino accepted my passport on Tuesday on the e-gates.

In hindsight I should have gone through the manual inspection as I like the stamps in my passport which I've been collecting over the past two years, but hey ho.