• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Am i entitled to delay repay ?

Jamiescott1

I hold a season ticket marlow to Paddington (gwr season tickets operate delay repay for delays 15 mins or longer).

Planned journey today 22.08 padd to maidenhead arriving 22.30 then maidenhead 22.35 arriving marlow 22.58

22.08 is cancelled and next service has me arriving into marlow at 0013 (over 60 minutes late).

As there is ticket acceptance with chiltern, I am taking 22.06 Marylebone to high wycombe and will cycle to marlow. Arriving marlow approx 2315 (depending how fast i cycle).

I could not take an earlier train from Paddington due to work.

Am I entitled to delay repay for this ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I don't think there is a formal procedure for making an alternative journey, finishing 'short' and using alternative means.

However, if there was no possible way you could have avoided a 60+ minute delay, then I would simply put in a claim accordingly. Alternatively, if it was possible (but not foreseeable) then I would put in an email to customer services with the relevant information and your bank details, and see what happens; I would expect them to pay up in such circumstances.