• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Amending/Cancelling Anytime Tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

westv

Established Member
Quick question regarding anytime tickets

I know with AP tickets that you can't get a refund but you can amend the date/time for (generally) a £10 fee.

With anytime tickets can you amend them too? More than once if needed?
Is there still (generally) a £10 fee to cancel them?

Thanks.

Edit: Specifically e-tickets.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Quick question regarding anytime tickets

I know with AP tickets that you can't get a refund but you can amend the date/time for (generally) a £10 fee.

With anytime tickets can you amend them too? More than once if needed?
Is there still (generally) a £10 fee to cancel them?

Thanks.

Edit: Specifically e-tickets.
With an ordinary Anytime Return you've got 5 days to use the outward journey and a month for the return anyway, so much more flexibility already. Retailers will vary on whether they charge an admin fee for refunds though, and it may depend on whether you rebook.

westv

Established Member
Thanks for that. My questions were more pointed towards anytime singles rather than returns. It was also about the actual refund/cancel rather than any fee. :)

westv

Established Member
Just to clarify

The same as an AP ticket, an Anytime single e-ticket's travel date can be amended more than once and you may be charged a fee each time depending on where you bought.
Unlike an AP ticket, an Anytime single e-ticket can also be refunded. Again you may be charged a fee.
Correct?

Last edited:

island

Veteran Member
Amending is functionally equivalent to cancelling for a refund and then buying a new ticket for whatever date you now want to travel. A £10 fee may be charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.