• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Amsterdam advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlj83

I'm going to be travelling from Copenhagen to Amsterdam later this year, can someone tell me what the CityNightLinetrain is like.

Ill probably be in the seats rather than a bedand was wondering does the train have wifi and a Plug.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I'm going to be travelling from Copenhagen to Amsterdam later this year, can someone tell me what the CityNightLinetrain is like.

Ill probably be in the seats rather than a bedand was wondering does the train have wifi and a Plug.

The seats are pretty rancid if its is busy. Bog standard six man compo coach and they will reserve three a side so very little room to stretch out, of course a lot better if its empty and you get a compo to yourself. Depends how you personally get on with overnights anyway to be honest - but seats is miles away from a berth! Don't think they have plugs or wifi in the seats - be a scrum if there were plugs...

Seat 61 info here http://www.seat61.com/citynightline.htm

EWS 58038

To be honest with you, I think you better look for a flight. It might even come cheaper, is a whole lot faster and has loads more comfort. Then get yourself a good plac to sleep in Amsterdam and you'll be far better of.

stut

Established Member
Or do the Copenhagen-Hamburg day journey, so you can be on an ICE-TD loaded on to a ferry!

stuartmoss

Can anyone tell me the best station to see freight going by in Amsterdam? I've got all day today to kill...

MacCookie

Can anyone tell me the best station to see freight going by in Amsterdam? I've got all day today to kill...

If you're willing to travel, Zwijndrecht is the best place I've found so far for freight. It's the other side of Rotterdam though. I've not really explored Amsterdam yet, other than Centraal (and you'll see the odd freight and plenty of loco hauled passenger trains).

Some shots from Zwijndrecht though: http://www.flickr.com/photos/maccookie/tags/zwijndrecht/

Ewan

Status
Not open for further replies.