• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Amsterdam to Eindhoven train

Status
Not open for further replies.

afc75

It will be my first time travelling in The Netherlands. Travelling Tuesday afternoon from Amsterdam to Eindhoven by train. From what i can make out, i can just simply travel using contactless payment.

Is that correct re travel, so no need to book a train in advance? Anything i need to be aware of travel wise?

TIA

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DanielB

and take any seat.
Well any blue seat, as contactless payment is only second class full fare ;) (Or pink seat, should the OP happen to encounter the last remaining unrefurbished VIRM-2/3)

In case of travelling off peak there is the option of booking discounted e-tickets in advance, which are only valid in the timeslot printed on the ticket. But in general paying contactless is much more relaxed.

And just for the OP to be aware and avoid unnecessary waiting: from Amsterdam to Eindhoven there is a train every 10 minutes. Four of which are direct trains (the intercity services towards Maastricht [.05/.35] and Heerlen [.15/.45]).
At .24 and .54 minutes past the hour you'd take the IC to Nijmegen and change at Utrecht Central cross platform to the IC heading for Venlo.

dutchflyer

Established Member
And in case you aim for RYANairport EHV/EIN: local BUSses 400 or 401 run also ev 10/12 mins direct from busstation beside trains (folow signs) to that airpt and there also your bankcd can be used same way-do NOT forget to also checkOUT-the normal adult OV-chipcardfare will be charged-in case you even thus also use local GVB in AMS-as total charge after the day has passed. There is not that much of interest in EIN for most tourists. In the train just before you reach station you pass the former PHILIPS, once by far the main comp.over there, now transformed in a young entrepreneur breeding lab-style accommodation. PHI once was the main and widely known producer of old-style electric household items.

citycat

And in case you aim for RYANairport EHV/EIN: local BUSses 400 or 401 run also ev 10/12 mins direct from busstation beside trains (folow signs) to that airpt and there also your bankcd can be used same way-do NOT forget to also checkOUT-the normal adult OV-chipcardfare will be charged-in case you even thus also use local GVB in AMS-as total charge after the day has passed. There is not that much of interest in EIN for most tourists. In the train just before you reach station you pass the former PHILIPS, once by far the main comp.over there, now transformed in a young entrepreneur breeding lab-style accommodation. PHI once was the main and widely known producer of old-style electric household items.

Just out of interest, do you use Google translate for your posts?

DanielB

Not sure what the Dutch words would be, but I imagine ‘breeding lab’ should be ‘incubator’ in English. My mind boggled.
Translating it literally back to Dutch you'd get "broedplaats voor jonge ondernemers", which actually makes sense in Dutch.
Google actually translates that to what dutchflyer posted, but not everything in the Dutch language is easily translated into English.
What he means to say is hard to put in one sentence: those former Philips premises (Strijp S) now offer accommodation for start ups where new ideas are being born would be my summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.