• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another £10 Northern Rover Bash 14/03/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntoniC

As it would be rude not to take advantage of this generous Northern Rover offer me * Polar Bear decided to take them up on this offer.
The first (nice) surprise of the day was to be asked if we wanted to pay £10 each for our tickets (the 1 day rate) rather than the £17.50 weekend 2 day rate - so we gratefully accepted !.
First train of the day was the 08.27 Liverpool Lime St to Man Picc, at Man Picc we then caught the 09.49 to Sheffield, whilst enroute to Sheffield we changed plans and caught the (delayed) 11.41 to York which for our second surprise of the day was a 144 Pacer !.
At York we then caught the 13.17 (I think) to Leeds and at Leeds caught the 14.42 train to Chester - we changed at Newton Le Willows onto the 16.47 to Lime St.
I then walked to get the 17.38 Merseyrail from Liverpool Central to Southport, where onboard I got my third surprise when the Carlisle Response Team *asked* a family to get off at Waterloo , what the contravention was I dont know but it came after a Tannoy announcement from the Guard regarding smoking/drinking alcohol/feet on seats.
Me & Polar Bear had a great day out and we only had our tickets checked twice, on the York to Leeds train and Newton Le Willows to Lime St.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NorthWestRover

Established Member
I don't think our paths crossed from looking at your day, but I was out and about on a £10 Northern Day Ranger too.
150/158 08.22 Wigan Wallgate to Man Vic
195 09.xx Man Vic to Bradford Int (Chester to Leeds train)
331 Bradford FS to Ilkley
Bit of sightseeing
333 Ilkley to Leeds
170 Leeds to Knaresborough
Bit of sightseeing and a pint in the wonderful Blind Jack's
170 Knaresborough to York
195 17.xx York to Leeds (Blackpool train)
158 18.17 Leeds to Wigan Wallgate via Dewsbury

Not bad for a tenner

Status
Not open for further replies.