• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another mystery location - help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin1501

Any ideas where this is, please? Not a lot to go on, I'm afraid. The picture shows a Class 158 in 'early' Central Trains livery (with phone number rather than web address, so probably pre-2003/4), standing at a station with an enclosed footbridge. There appears at one time to have been a centre road, long since removed, and there is a substantial building in the background.

Grateful for any thoughts.

ColinView attachment 2036.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TukayAway

6A looking south at platform 7. Not sure if platform 7 was in use back then. There's also a car park in between the station and the building behind it.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
6A looking south at platform 7. Not sure if platform 7 was in use back then. There's also a car park in between the station and the building behind it.
It's platform 7 now but it would have been platform 6 at the time. I can't recall when it came into regular use, but until the 2013 re-modelling it was effectively westbound only, and for a while it was only accessible for passengers using the main entrance (behind the camera) by walking down platform 5 then over that footbridge.

Colin1501

Many thanks, all, really helpful. Now, if I can be really cheeky, and ask for one more - how about this? A Central Trains Class 170/5, so sometime 1999 onwards. And a mechanically signalled location, judging by the point rodding and wire run down on the left hand side.View attachment 2035.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.