• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any electrical signalling experts? - Preferably Czech speaking.

Andy

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help please? I’m currently building a small Czech layout and got to the point of signalling.

I managed to track down, some Czech signals both Home/Departure and Shunt signals (see photo), however I’m struggling to work out the pins. More specifically how to get the aspects to change.

Interestingly the shunt signals are two aspect blue/white and the home/departure signals are 4 aspect. However both come with the same 6 pins at the bottom of the signal.

If anyone could help that would be great, thank you. I’ve included a pin out from the side of the box, however all being in Czech it’s a little hard to understand.

The bottom right says white, but putting power to that line doesn’t produce a white light, I’ve managed to get the blue one activated. However not sure how signals work, does it change aspects by adding a second power line, or removing the first and swapping to the other.

Thanks again for any help.

Thanks

Andy

Attachments

• IMG_6801.jpeg
    IMG_6801.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6807.jpeg
    IMG_6807.jpeg
    279.1 KB · Views: 12
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zamracene749

Translates to- LEDs are connected to a common anode. Each LED is fitted with a resistor allowing a max voltage of 16vdc/ac.

On the diagram of the socket-

Zl.h upper yellow, Zel green, zl.d lower yellow,
12v+, Cer red, Bila white.
Bit of google, n a few trips over to Czech 8-)

Suggests to me that on 12vdc, it uses a common live as opposed to the more 'ahem' common negative, no doubt to do with the fact that AC was popular on models over there.

So put your live 12v into the labelled hole and leave it there. Then, if i've got it right, connecting any or all of the other five to negative should illuminate the corresponding lamp. I think. NaZdravi!