• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any one else waiting for Hull Trainee Driver start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davedjc84

Hi all,

Firstly. thanks to all the users on here, its been a great help in the run up to interviews and assessment days.

Just wondering if anyone else waiting for medical and start date for the Hull Trainee Driver role. I applied back in July, had my interview with 2 managers in August then successfully passed assessment center in Doncaster on the 29th September. After contacting HR I was told I just have to sit tight for a course to come up, so I was just wondering if anyone else was waiting as well.. I know a couple of people on this forum that applied at the same time as me, but had assessments earlier then me and have started a course now.

Hope I hear something soon, although I know I could be waiting a while - just want to crack on now and know whats happening :)

Regards
Dave

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kit.Frank

Hi Dave. I'm also on hold with Northern for trainee train driver but for the Darlington depot- there are a few of us on here.

I was interviewed in June and passed the psychometrics in July. The test results are valid for 3-5 years, depending on which TOC applied to, and the interview result is supposedly valid with Northern for 9 months.

When I last spoke to someone at HR, they said the same thing... to hold tight until a course place comes up. This isn't a case of an actual course date having free spaces on it though as I know they're trying to fill the November course, even though there are people on hold. It's more that you have to wait until they need you at that depot before you'll be assigned. For example, when the Hull depot needs drivers due to someone retiring/being promoted elsewhere/the services expanding, they'll call you!

Good luck and well done!

davedjc84

Thanks Kit.Frank, thats kind of how I assumed it was going to work as noticed on the Skipton advert they was going to fill the November course with them, so guessed it was as you said.

Hopefully we won't all hand around for ever!! Thanks for the reply.

Dave

davedjc84

Hi Kit.Frank,

Any news for you yet? Last email I received off HR was a week ago and she said - 'As it stands there is no movement but we are making plans for the future now we have been given more course information.'

Hoping to hear for a start early 2017 - now that would be a great way to start the new year eh :) heres to dreaming... :)

Good luck pal!

Dave

Kit.Frank

Hi Kit.Frank,

Any news for you yet? Last email I received off HR was a week ago and she said - 'As it stands there is no movement but we are making plans for the future now we have been given more course information.'

Hoping to hear for a start early 2017 - now that would be a great way to start the new year eh :) heres to dreaming... :)

Good luck pal!

Dave

Early 2017 would be cracking! I spoke to HR last week but didn't get much info as the lady dealing with the Darlington positions was in a meeting. However... I did mention to the chap that I was aware interview success was valid for 9 months and he said in some cases yes, but others no, and that it can be up to the individual driver manager. Thought that was interesting and good to hear!

I read on here someone's been pencilled in for Jan 2017, but there wasn't any mention of that when I phoned.

Keeping everything crossed for the new year. Keep me posted! Good luck.

davedjc84

That is interesting, hate waiting but guess no choice lol. Yeah I read that too, no such luck here either :( It will just go on priority as to where they need people as you say.

Will let you know if I hear anything, keep me posted too!

Regards

davedjc84

Hi all,

Great news, moved fast this week but was booked in for Medical yesterday, passed pending urine test - confirmed start date today for the 16th Jan 2017 !

Over the moon and beyond happy, the hard work starts now eh! Good to all those waiting and thanks for previous advice given.

Just need to pluck up courage to go see my current boss and hand my notice in haha!

Regards
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.