• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any Permitted Manchester to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister-sparky

Hi guys,

If I have an "any permitted" from Manchester Stations to London stations, am I allowed to travel to King's Cross via Leeds? I already have the ticket and I'm visiting friends in Leeds and am wondering if I can go home from there, or if I have to go back to Manchester and down the WCML?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
No. Furthest east you can go is Sheffield AFAIK, via the Hope Valley.

If you post more specific details about your intended journey (including time/date) there may be a cost-effective way of doing it, whether or not you already hold the ticket.

mister-sparky

No. Furthest east you can go is Sheffield AFAIK, via the Hope Valley.

If you post more specific details about your intended journey (including time/date) there may be a cost-effective way of doing it, whether or not you already hold the ticket.

ok I have amended my original question.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
ok I have amended my original question.
Your cheapest option would probably be a £3.00 Northern Advance (specified train only, no refunds) from Man Vic to Leeds (available on most services if purchased before the day of travel, excluding the peaks).

Then either a £3.00 Northern advance back to Manchester, or a £4.50 advance down to Sheffield, whereupon your Manchester-London ticket would be valid on any train from Sheffield to London arriving in the capital 11:29 or later.

For flexible tickets, you can expect to pay between £17 and £20 for a Manchester - Leeds return depending on the route taken and time of day.

Your Manchester - London ticket is categorically not via Leeds and any attempt to use it that way may prove rather costly.

Another, more expensive option would be to refund the original (unused) ticket, paying a £10 admin fee, and purchase instead a single to Huddersfield followed by a return from Hudds to London at £108 (heavily time restricted). The return from Hudds to London is good via Leeds on the outbound, and back to Manchester on the return.

All prices assume no railcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.