• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any rugby fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai.

Established Member
This year is a rugby year!

I thought with the Six Nations coming up on Friday & then the World Cup we could start a thread with speculation on who's going to do well this year!

In the Six Nations I got my bets on
1. Ireland
2. France
3. England
4. Wales
5. Scotland
6. Italy

What about you guys?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CarterUSM

Established Member
This year is a rugby year!

I thought with the Six Nations coming up on Friday & then the World Cup we could start a thread with speculation on who's going to do well this year!

In the Six Nations I got my bets on
1. Ireland
2. France
3. England
4. Wales
5. Scotland
6. Italy

What about you guys?

Exact same as you, except I would swap Italy and Scotland around!

island

Veteran Member
I'm Irish, and am not altogether confident in Ireland. The team's ageing and the provinces have been dreadfully inconsistent.

Dai.

Established Member
I have faith that Ireland will be ready for their first match on Saturday.

Pumbaa

Established Member
I gave up England long ago, and now just go with the Springboks ;)

Dai.

Established Member
I think this is my heart rather than head.

England
France
Ireland
Scotland
Wales
Italy

England being first is a long shot, even if they did do well in the Autumn Internationals last year.

Haha! - The springboks don't play in the Six Nations, so we'll have to wait until the World Cup! If they did play in the Six Nations, we could kiss goodbye to anyone in Britain winning!

deltic1989

Established Member
ah rugby a game played by men with funny shaped balls. I used to like it at school (mainly because i could beat up smaller kids and get away with it) but my interest wained after that. Interestingly there are only 6 nations that really give a toss about rugby and 4 of them are us. (I can't tke the credit for that joke it was Andy Parsons)

Kneedown

Established Member
Working on the principle of "You have to believe, I'd have to say...

1 - Cymru,
2 - England (I'm not one of those "anyone bar England" Welshman)
3 - Scotland,
4 - Ireland,
5 - France,
6 - Italy.

Established Member
Keep on believing! Good win for England tonight, perhaps on for a grand slam (with the next 3 at Twickers, could be a good bet).

scotsman

Established Member
My predictions now:

France
England
Wales
Ireland
Scotland
Italy

Kneedown

Established Member
Keep on believing! Good win for England tonight, perhaps on for a grand slam (with the next 3 at Twickers, could be a good bet).

What can i say, well done to the Season! Am still gutted though and it's now Sunday night!
We started pretty well, but it seemed to go downhill when we missed the first Pens and England scored first. The heads went down then and it all got sloppy. Sloppy passing, sloppy kicking, giving away soft penalties. Even Mrs K'down, in whom's mouth "menyn" would not normally melt, was effing and blinding at the performance!
It was a fair result, but i'd have liked to have seen Foden being tackled a little more... ahem... "robustly" due to his ill informed pre-match comments. He needs to learn that Wales was Wales when England was still a pup! ;)

It all leaves me in a big dilemma. If we win our remaining matches and France beat England we're still in with a decent chance, but as i've already said, i've got no malice towards England and would normally be right behind them against any team bar Wales, Hmmmmmmmm..........?

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Nothing much changes with the Welsh performance. For two years the creativity has been waning, there has been a lack of discipline, poor kicking and decision making.

Wales have been getting worse, England have been getting better. The result was pretty much what Ie xpected on Friday night.

France looked good but Ireland looked a bit past it.

island

Veteran Member
And Ireland dug out by ROG again. How many Ireland and Munster matches have been saved by his right boot? (and one more by his left, Munster vs Perpignan December 2009 he hit a dropped goal off the wrong foot!)

My predictions are

France
England
Scotland
Ireland
Wales
Italy

I also think that France will win the World Cup...unless they do something typically French in the semi final and forget how to play the game.

What an excellent first weekend of the six nations. With the exception of the first 40 in Rome, it was enthralling.

Dai.

Established Member
My predictions are

France
England
Scotland
Ireland
Wales
Italy

I also think that France will win the World Cup...unless they do something typically French in the semi final and forget how to play the game.

What an excellent first weekend of the six nations. With the exception of the first 40 in Rome, it was enthralling.

I'm with you on the french matter, they are definitely a force to be reckoned with.
Not so sure about the rest though! Ireland will most probably go over the first Match against italy and pick up their game, trying to win the rest with the biggest possible margins. I'm now thinking this is the outcome.

1. France
2. Ireland
3. Scotland
4. Italy
5. England
6. Wales

shamuu

the springboks aren't in the six nations though! my bets on england or france! but i personally prefer rugby league to union but i'll happily watch both!

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I'm with you on the french matter, they are definitely a force to be reckoned with.
Not so sure about the rest though! Ireland will most probably go over the first Match against italy and pick up their game, trying to win the rest with the biggest possible margins. I'm now thinking this is the outcome.

1. France
2. Ireland
3. Scotland
4. Italy
5. England
6. Wales

Sorry Dai, but already it looks as though your predictions are a bit off beam! I'm looking forward to seeing what happens this weekend!

Bevan Price

Established Member
I think Wigan may well be top, with Leeds, St. Helens & Warrington battling for 2nd place.

Bevan

scotsman

Established Member
Me and a mate managed to snap tickets for Scotland V Italy for £15 each

Status
Not open for further replies.