• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any Time Day Single - Prescot - Leeds via Wigan Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urban-Savage

Hi all, and thanks in advance for any replies

My company are sending me on an overnight trip to Leeds via Wigan - using 2 Any Time Day Singles as E tickets / barcoded Tickets

Absolutely fine going out - but on way back I intend to self fund 2 nights in York and then return home, again via Leeds and Wigan - but obviously the inbound Anytime Day single will be out of date

Is there any easy way of amending this before I travel - or extending the validity?

I'd ask my company - but it would literally blow their minds.....

If need be I'm happy to take the hit - but wondered if there were any options I could apply?

Thanks again !

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I've no idea why they have bought you two Anytime Day Singles when an Anytime "Short Distance" Return (which has exactly the same validity if not arguably more, being valid for return anytime within a month) costs less.

It's probably best to ask them to refund the two singles, and to buy an Anytime Short Distance Return instead. That should save them money even if an admin fee is charged, and would mean there would be no issue returning 2 days later as the return portion is valid for a month.

Sadly, though in theory it's possible to get an 'overdistance excess' to extend the validity of a ticket, this is often difficult to get in practice - even more so when you have an e-ticket as a lot of ticket office staff (wrongly) believe these can only be amended by the original retailer.

Urban-Savage

Yeah I agree - ive no idea why they have done it how they have as well - ive asked if they will amend - but is in the head spinning box as thought

For clarity - im only looking to extend the validity of the return journey single from Leeds - I will pay for the return from Leeds / York myself - Cheers

Haywain

Veteran Member
Is there any easy way of amending this before I travel - or extending the validity?
You can't extend the validity of an Anytime Day Single. The only option with a single is to exchange it for another for the preferred date, through a refund and rebook process but getting that done by anyone other than the retailer will most likely be problematic or worse. As stated, exchanging the two singles for a return would be the better option.

xotGD

Established Member
Never trust your employer to organise your rail tickets.

Chances are that they will pay more than they need to for a ticket that doesn't offer the travel options that you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.