• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone have a clue at what happened at Rhyl

sansyy

Was meant to be travelling to Rhyl today to pick some stuff up and as I was purchasing my ticket a guard adviced me that services were on pause so I didn’t end up travelling. After getting food and was finally on my way home I checked Railboard and saw absolute havoc!

IMG_1300.png

Any clue to what happened??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

voyagerdude220

Established Member
The train at the top of the list was initially delayed by a points failure between Helsby and Chester.

There's also "Police dealing with an incident near the Railway" somewhere along the North Wales coast. Not sure where or what but trains seem to be stood around Flint and Prestatyn.

D1537

Well, some of the passenger trains have the reasons
1D32 - problem with the track (IS)
1V66 - due to the request of the police (VG)
1D91 - points failure (IB)
1D93 - signalling systems failure (IF)

1D21 Shewsbury-Holyhead has just left Flint 79 late after sitting in the station for 45 minutes. The same happened to the previous service (1W96 from Cardiff) as well.

1D31 - the one that's 3+ hours late - looks like it might have reversed back to Flint (or Holywell Junction?) at some point, unless RTT's timing are completely out of whack.

Some wrong line running occurring possibly?

Russel

I was on the 19:30 off Llandudno Jn to Crewe, it looks like we managed to avoid all of the chaos and arrive into Crewe around 5 minutes late.