• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone recommend a simulator for the thameslink route

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelic88

Hi all, Im new here.

I have been interested in playing a train simulator (just so I can get a feel for driving a train and to learn more about them as well as for game purposes)
I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions?
I am a regular commuter on the thameslink route, so ideally I would like to try this route on the simulator.

Do the games give you a slight feel as to what it's like to be the driver?

Look forward to your replies

Kerry

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jp4712

I agree, I'd definitely go with Train Simulator 2014. Although most of the Thameslink route isn't covered (yet), you can get London Victoria - Brighton. And the developers have just this week announced an FCC 319.

In terms of a feel of what it's like to be the driver, I'd say yes, you do. It's impossible to reflect driving 100% but it's pretty close, in fact on the newest routes and trains very close. If you search 'Train Simulator 2014' on YouTube you'll get a feel for what's available.

1781102_10151952720873091_1093602329_o.jpg

Last edited:

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
There is something not quite right about that 319, the windows are too big maybe.... There is an FCC 377 on the web somewhere too, and if you are really desperate to drive FCC north of the river, there is always Kings Cross-Peterborough (which includes 365s) and the 321 add-on.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I realise they have put a lot of time and effort into that, and that it's been a decade or so since I regularly travelled down there, and I honestly mean no disrespect when I say this, but, to me it just looks wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.