• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

AP Northern Only Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Does anyone have an idea of which routes Northern are now offering Advance fares on? I'm aware of Leeds - Nottingham and Newcastle - Carlisle, they've also turned up on Lincoln - Sheffield services since the Jan '13 fare changes. Have they been introduced on any other services?

I've tried having a scout on BR Fares, but it doesn't seem to recognise them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Manchester Victoria-Leeds is shortly to be introduced.

In all cases it should be noted that shorter journeys will not have Advance fares and there are only three bands of Advance for each journey.

island

Veteran Member
On the other hand, it does make the trains reservable, so you will be tied to a specific train when using Northern as a connection on these routes. I am going to Halifax tomorrow and have encountered this as I have been issued with reserved-place seat tickets for the Leeds to Halifax bit.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
On the other hand, it does make the trains reservable, so you will be tied to a specific train when using Northern as a connection on these routes. I am going to Halifax tomorrow and have encountered this as I have been issued with reserved-place seat tickets for the Leeds to Halifax bit.

Not always. I think it depends.

On XC & Connections APs that I use, if Northern is the connection between Nottingham and Sheffield, I don't get a reservation coupon, however if I am routed via Leeds and the exact same train is used between Nottingham and Leeds, I get a reservation coupon.

island

Veteran Member
And I suspect if one has been given an unduly long connection and approaches a Northern guard for an earlier service, one will be nodded through.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
How prophetic of me - I am booked on the 1617 Halifax to Leeds which is delayed and potentially causing me to miss my connection back to London Kings Cross, so I asked the guard of the preceding 1603 York service and he was fine with me using that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.