• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apparent 2-day TC failure on ECML Stoke Jcn - Tallington

Status
Not open for further replies.

merry

When i travelled up yesterday afternoon, the UF was closed Stoke Jcn - Tallington, all services on US, at a time cost of 5-7 mins.
A TC was marked as 'FAIL' on the OpenTrainTimes maps, which happens I guess

Today, looking at the maps as I travel back, the UF seems still closed as services are all on the US still.
It's unusual for a TC failure to be so long lasting - anyone know waht's actually failed & how long it might be before repair.

And yes, 5 mins isn't much delay in isolation, but it's quite enough to scupper even advertised connections e.g. at Stevenage to Thameslink (I declined to make the 'dash' yesterday!), and the delay minutes will mount up if on all services.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
When i travelled up yesterday afternoon, the UF was closed Stoke Jcn - Tallington, all services on US, at a time cost of 5-7 mins.
A TC was marked as 'FAIL' on the OpenTrainTimes maps, which happens I guess

Today, looking at the maps as I travel back, the UF seems still closed as services are all on the US still.
It's unusual for a TC failure to be so long lasting - anyone know waht's actually failed & how long it might be before repair.

And yes, 5 mins isn't much delay in isolation, but it's quite enough to scupper even advertised connections e.g. at Stevenage to Thameslink (I declined to make the 'dash' yesterday!), and the delay minutes will mount up if on all services.
Separate issue today.
Minor damage to overhead lines on Up Fast.
Up slow open to all traffic, Up fast open to diesel only.
3 hour possession of Up fast to be taken tonight, block of up slow to be taken between trains.

merry

Thanks for the info.
Just bad luck then - in my 20-yr experience of the route, used to be quite rare for the lines to be affected round here, but seems more common on journeys over the last few years. OK, I've made fewer journeys, might be just random, but still the impression!

Status
Not open for further replies.