• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apps for viewing Darwin data

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewkeith5

I excitedly downloaded the RailChecker app today but I seem to have an issue "Alert - There was an issue fetching data from the RailChecker servicer. Check your internet connection and re-open the app. If problems persist, let the developer know." :(

Is this just me or is there a known issue? Nothing wrong with my internet connection....This is on an iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 16.5

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Robski_

I excitedly downloaded the RailChecker app today but I seem to have an issue "Alert - There was an issue fetching data from the RailChecker servicer. Check your internet connection and re-open the app. If problems persist, let the developer know." :(

Is this just me or is there a known issue? Nothing wrong with my internet connection....This is on an iPhone 14 Pro running iOS 16.5
Could you please provide more information, e.g. does this occur when searching for a specific station, or does this just happen at app launch?

andrewkeith5

Could you please provide more information, e.g. does this occur when searching for a specific station, or does this just happen at app launch?
Apologies - right upon app launch.
The disruption tab says Good Service, and the Journey Planner is a slow but seems to work (and actually seems to show realtime data, and possibly loadings if they're right!
The departures tab doesn't appear to do anything though, just the spinny loading graphic indefinitely.
From what I can use of it, I really like it! :) Great work!

Robski_

Apologies - right upon app launch.
The disruption tab says Good Service, and the Journey Planner is a slow but seems to work (and actually seems to show realtime data, and possibly loadings if they're right!
The departures tab doesn't appear to do anything though, just the spinny loading graphic indefinitely.
From what I can use of it, I really like it! :) Great work!
Thanks for the information. I think I have found the problem, and an update has been rolled out through the app (so no app store update) to hopefully address this. Closing the app then reopening it should fix it. If issues persist, please email me at [email protected] to avoid flooding this thread.

Sorry for the issues, and thanks for the feedback!

F142

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, the current frequency of the adverts is necessary to pay for the server cost and so there is no scope for their reduction.

I am looking into creating a "pro" subscription, which would include push notifications and per-carriage crowding information where available (currently some SE and Greater Anglia services) as well as no adverts.
That would be good. Will keep an eye out. Thanks

stufrog

National Rail website update a couple of weeks ago. I landed on there and initially thought I'd arrived on the wrong site. So I left and clicked back. Very confusing but it looks better. Not sure if it works properly as it's got 'Beta' written on the pages so I'm not sure if it's finished. I found a new page called with live train information on it which if I remember the old one was awful looking but this one I found is a lot more logical with train times updated.

jon0844

Veteran Member
RailChecker (which I run) uses the Darwin feed. Android version is already available, iOS version has been approved about half an hour ago and the store page should be up soon.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rtopolowski.railchecker
iOS: https://apps.apple.com/app/id6448295769 - Should be available within the next 24 hours.

The app includes features like searching for services operated by a type of rolling stock (e.g. XC HSTs, WMT 319s), live crowding (SE only) and more.

Both versions are currently restricted to UK download only.

A web version should be up by the end of this week (hopefully).

Great looking app. Just installed it on one of my Android phones and when you click on a train to get service details, the times in the right hand column are truncated and misses the last digit.

Example: 09:1

The phone is a OnePlus, using their own sans font rather than the native Android one if that makes a difference.

Robski_

Great looking app. Just installed it on one of my Android phones and when you click on a train to get service details, the times in the right hand column are truncated and misses the last digit.

Example: 09:1

The phone is a OnePlus, using their own sans font rather than the native Android one if that makes a difference.
Could you please send a screenshot showing this to [email protected] (or alternatively in this thread) so that I can investigate this? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.