• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

April Anglian Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoffers

Hi all

Read about my recent trip to Norwich and aboard the Inverness Sleeper back in January on my new railway website:

www.railscenetoday.com

Click on 'Tone's Travels'

It's just a hobby for me so it is light-hearted and fun.
Have a browse through the website.

Thanks
Tony

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

overtonchris

Hi Tony! Enjoyed having a look at your site and a read of your trip reports. The East Anglia one was particularly interesting for me as I had a few days staying in Felixstowe last October and I tripped around to almost the same places as you did.

Yep..Ipswich is pretty good for freight locos - in my opinion anyway! - and Lowestoft is indeed a dump around the station area. Needs a bit of TLC methinks - but then someone's got to pay for it and I understand there's not a lot of spare loot laying around just there at the moment. :( (And this I got from a town councillor!)

Thetford and the Portaloo connection? Well I never - amazing what you learn on a rail forum! And Inverness in January? OMG you're a hardy lot Ooop North!!:D

Regards, Chris

hoffers

Hi Tony! Enjoyed having a look at your site and a read of your trip reports. The East Anglia one was particularly interesting for me as I had a few days staying in Felixstowe last October and I tripped around to almost the same places as you did.

Yep..Ipswich is pretty good for freight locos - in my opinion anyway! - and Lowestoft is indeed a dump around the station area. Needs a bit of TLC methinks - but then someone's got to pay for it and I understand there's not a lot of spare loot laying around just there at the moment. :( (And this I got from a town councillor!)

Thetford and the Portaloo connection? Well I never - amazing what you learn on a rail forum! And Inverness in January? OMG you're a hardy lot Ooop North!!:D

Regards, Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reading about my trip. It was such an enjoyable day at Norwich and Ipswich. I'm into locos so Ipswich ticked a lot of boxes for me. I'd never spent any time at the station, only passing through, so really enjoyed seeing the track layout and stabling point.

We expected Inverness to be freezing but it was quite mild. A pity the weather was bad at Kyle but generally okay around Inverness.
We run a B & B so January was a quieter time to get away without losing too much income.

I've never been to Felixstowe myself so I'd better write that down as one to visit.

I'll be adding to the www.railscenetoday.com site most days so please stay tuned in.

regards
Tony

overtonchris

Tony - if you do head down that way again and intend to photo some freight, may I suggest Trimley on the Felixstowe line. You probably know, but that is where the line from the docks emerges from the south(ish). On a very sunny day you'll be shooting into the "light' for northbound stuff, but you could get some great shots of the Southbound trains. (Dull day - no probs!!:D).

Have a good weekend.
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.