• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are exemptions from OPC assessments due to previous pass automatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALPAL

Hi all,

Regarding trainee train driver assessments.

I can remember during my first assessment centre that there was a massive confusion at the start where some people were told by the TOC in advance (they were employees of the TOC as non-drivers) they did not need to do certain tests due to prior passes. This resulted in a heavily delayed start for all and eventually the 5 odd people being told they didn't have to do xyz tests and could leave the room. It wasn't a nice, relaxed start for anyone in that room!

I passed all but the Tea-Occ in 2019 with a different TOC, now I have the opportunity to sit the assessments with a new TOC next week. I have informed the TOC HR that I have sat the tests and potentially have valid passes from that but have had no response due to their HR only working limited hours. I'm aware I may not have passed the tests to this TOCs standards and they may have additional tests that I have not done before.

The job advert stated if you had previous passes you would not have to sit the tests again, but I'm wondering if this is indeed the case for me how you make sure you don't have to sit them and only sit the ones required? Is it a case of talking to the invigilator on the day, or will the TOC talk to them, or will they know straight away and tell me I'm exempt.

Cheers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paulm36

As far as I remember ,the OPC invigilator will check everyone on the day against their national insurance number to see firstly if you have taken and failed the tests more than twice and secondly what tests you have previously taken and passed. What ever tests you have passed to the standard and requirement of the TOC in question you will not be required to resit. I think the nation standard is that the tests remain valid for 5 years but bare in mind that some TOC, FOC have their own standard requirements and can want you resit all tests after 2 or 3 years .

iwasyoungonce

Yes what Paulm36 said the invigilator on the day will log into the data base after they have seen your ID and NI number each TOC/FOC have their own individual standards.
If you only need 1 particular part then the invigilator may ask the other candidates if they mind sitting your part first then you can get off straight after

Status
Not open for further replies.