• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are GWR complimentary travel tickets valid during the COVID-19 crisis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanstallon

I have a ticket valid for any return journey on Great Western railway trains. Is there any restriction at present?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I have a ticket valid for any return journey on Great Western railway trains. Is there any restriction at present?
What does the ticket say? If there are any date restrictions, they should be stated on the ticket.

nanstallon

What does the ticket say? If there are any date restrictions, they should be stated on the ticket.

Thank you. It's an open date ticket where you scratch off the year, month and date, then seal with the sticky flap. It was given to me last December and doesn't have any restrictions. I just want to be sure some jobsworth doesn't stop me using it!

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Thank you. It's an open date ticket where you scratch off the year, month and date, then seal with the sticky flap. It was given to me last December and doesn't have any restrictions. I just want to be sure some jobsworth doesn't stop me using it!
Minor point of order - they wouldn't be a jobsworth if they prevented you from using it, because a jobsworth is someone who does their job correctly to the Nth degree ;)

Complimentary tickets are perfectly valid provided any restrictions printed on the ticket are observed and leisure travel is permissible in all parts of the UK (and has been for quite some time).

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I suspect @nanstallon means are there any restrictions due to the pandemic situation.

There aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.